JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Mobile Hotspot Turning Off

(Topic created: 11-01-2022 11:13 AM)
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I recently boy a used supposedly refurbished by certified folks off eBay which take that with a grain of salt this being my second try at buying them on there the 1st had nothing certified or refurbed about it by anyone that knew anything but this has been great so far can't beat the cost no less. That's a bit of background on the device & I'm coming from an S8+ previously had no issues related to this on that device. Both have latest everything.
But my Mobile Hotspot on my Note10plus 5g isn't staying connecting I can't tell why if it's my carrier or my laptop anolder MacBook pro watching movies in safari or if it's the phone that's causing it. Can't find app that'll monitor this specifically tho Ive got network monitoring stuff setup but it's not giving me anything helpful. I honestly think it's T-Mobile doing this cuz the phone ever since being on 5g now I noticed it struggles to maintain the 5g connection in that I can see it switch periodically thruout the day but I also have noticed with the 5g that it'll have actual down times or small periods of complete outages where before I only had brief slowdowns or delays caused by my crappy weak signal where I live at (avg -120 dbm usually lower like -115) . Is this a possible issue on my phone not staying connected anyone have the same prob? Thanks for anything really at this point cuz I can't watch movies etc cuz it'll disconnect every 30ins sometimes every hour or 2 when I try to.

If not does anyone know of an app on play store that'll force the connection to reconnect if disconnected or similar? Even notificying me it disconnected would b helpful to reconnect it B4 the vid I'm playing fails etc thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not have a stable internet connection. This article provides some troubleshooting steps that may help, such as testing the connection with the phone in Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245

If you are still experiencing network service issues with calling, SMS or MMS messages, network signals, mobile data, or hotspots after resetting the device, you may need to contact your carrier as recommended by @Geek_DTech.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That's why you don't use ebay
Try Amazon refurbished
0 Likes
Geek_DTech
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Go to tmobile and have them check the network connection through glance. It will show them what is going on with the towers near your location- they will be able to see if there's any issues or if they're doing maintenance. Im dealing with a low signal since they are fixing the tower by my house due to the hurricane.
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've got network monitoring setup about 5 apps I've noticed since then it does tend to drop down sometimes from 5g to 4g which I'm guessing the MacBook ain't into or the Note10 or both do they'll drop the connection but I'm on the edge of county lines any app u know that'll try to force the connection to stay or at least tell me it's disconnected do u know?
0 Likes
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Or anyone know of a mobile booster for gsm T-Mobile basically for the 5g not sure that all matters but the T-Mobile tech was calling me back big shock didn't hear jak she failed to send me the email either but they're out of stock & usually provide one free so theyre reimbursing me for one but networking isn't my thang so 2 speak...help is very appreciated btw
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not have a stable internet connection. This article provides some troubleshooting steps that may help, such as testing the connection with the phone in Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245

If you are still experiencing network service issues with calling, SMS or MMS messages, network signals, mobile data, or hotspots after resetting the device, you may need to contact your carrier as recommended by @Geek_DTech.