Original topic:

My note 9 started swelling several months ago and has gotten worse more recently

(Topic created: 02-13-2021 03:10 PM)
usersaC4dJupeb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

my note 9 started swelling several months ago and has gotten worse more recently.  the samsung flip cover does not close anymore

6 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You should contact https://www.ubreakifix.com/ for service options. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones
the battery is swelling, it not safe to use it this way.
0 Likes
TheGuywiththeDogs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Holy crumb! I would get that in for repair ASAP!
Remember the first release & recall of the Samsung 7 phone, wherein there were lots of reports of batteries exploding or bursting into flames, sometimes with serious burns?
Lithium-ion batteries are an amazing step forward in battery tech, but their ability to store a lot of energy and to discharge it very quickly under the wrong circumstances make them something to take very seriously.
The swelling is undoubtedly a serious issue with your battery.
Not to be alarmist, but I reccommend you put it somewhere it won't start a fire if it self-combusts (empty bathtub? crock pot with lid?) until you get it taken care of.
It's still unlikely to burst into flames, but consider what could happen if it DOES.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Feel free to use the link provided by LongHiker to search for a walk-in center near you. I would be happy to look into this further for you as well. If you would like me to do this could you please provide me with the model and serial number for your device in a private message? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
myself, trying to understand which phone you speaking about, is it the Samsung note 9 or the Samsung flip phone for my galaxy note 9 to this date been worth every penny I paid for it, but sad to say when it run it usefulness I will be move with another brand, Samsung lost me as a customer or supporters for their products beside they killing off the note line up, and their other brands that seems to be showing themselves to be just as good or better than what Samsung is now bringing to the table, they somehow flash a note 30 and to find out that phone isn't coming
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
While you negligently wait to see what will happen next, if you choose to travel with it in a clothing pocket, I would advise that you allow maximum distance from your genitals or wear a bullet proof armored plating underwear to prevent later singing in a soprano voice.
0 Likes