Original topic:

NO SIM CARD ERROR

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 03:19 PM)
userm1HG6kVzit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

They keep spitting out the same answer for the "no Sim card detected" error--"Restart, replace, check for dust, call provider, etc." 

There is something wrong with all these phones--not the Sim cards. 

I got disconnected from my boss 3 times in 1/2 hour.  She told me to get an IPhone.  I never had a problem with any of my other Notes.  This problem just started a few months ago.  The phone was fine since I first got it when they originally came out.  Something in one of their updates HAD to have caused this error.  There are multiple models of phones with this exact same issue--it's not all of our phones' sim cards.  It's something they did.

I have a Note 10 Plus and I got a new Sim card after this error first started.  It didn't help.  They need to fix this.  They broke it.   Getting **bleep** sick of all the dropped calls.   There have been so many complaints about this and they just don't care enough about their customers to fix whatever they broke.   Quit with the frigging canned response and get someone to fix it. 

4 Replies
eminded
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What carrier are you using.? Maybe clean the sim card.? Is the sim car tray busted? Maybe try to straighten put the sim card if it's bent? Are you sure your inserting the sim card correctly. I would take it to best buy and they will fix and diagnose it for free. Hope you get it fixed. Have a good one.
0 Likes
userm1HG6kVzit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you very much for the suggestions but I've gotten 2 SIM card replacements. When I looked online for a solution, I saw a lot of other people were having the same problem. I don't think it's a SIM card issue. I just paid off my Note 10 so of course now it's going to fail on me so I have to buy a new phone. 🙂
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

it can be the carrier's tower or the network is having some issues, sometimes they themselves aren't aware until they are forced to look into it. 

check and confirm it's not the carrier, then submit error report to Samsung Members after you see the issue again (or reproduce). reporting right away after issue occurrence will be key.

Wait a few days and pretty sure the engineers looking into the issue will be able to get back to you about the cause of these call drops. Whether it's the phone issue or the network issue.

Could you share the phone's model number, software version and the carrier you are with? thanks

0 Likes
userm1HG6kVzit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Verizon. note 10 SM975U. Android 11. UI 3.1
0 Likes