JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NOT RECEIVING TEXT MESSAGES

(Topic created on: 11/11/20 6:34 AM)
Oreofudge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
For over a month now I've been having issues receiving text messages in a timely manner in Note10+. I need to daily contact Sprint to have them troubleshoot, refresh, etc and be able to receive messages again for a couple minutes or hours, and then stop receiving messages again. Sometimes I send a text to myself to unclog or prepare to receive messages I know are coming, but it does not work all the time. Had SIM replaced twice and issue persists. Had phone replaced, and issue persists. Stopped using Samsung's Messages app and stated using Google's and issue persists. Had raised a ticket with Sprint, although nothing wrong with their network as they say, and are still checking things on their end, issue persists. Settings on phone are kept as suggested by Sprint (Mobile network set to LTE/CDMA, Rich Communications settings disabled), and issue persists. Walked into A uBreakiFix and tech suggests it might be Sprint, since issue repeats itself on two same model phones, but received a year apart, he suggests it may be a phone model issue, that I should try with a different device, despite the hassle it is. Any of you out there experiencing something similar, if so, have you solved it? please let me know, thanks.
JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Oreofudge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It seems that finally got my issue solved today. Sprint sent an email to have Sprint SIMs swapped for a T-Mobile one (I tried this a couple months ago and couldn't even get the T-Mobile's SIM to work on my phone then, so had to reinstall a Sprint one), but it worked this time. Now my Sprint phone has a new T-Mobile SIM and messages started to come in under LTE/CDMA, whether on WiFi or not, and without having to send myself texts to "unclog" things. So if you're having SMS issues on Sprint, update to a T-Mobile SIM. Good Luck!
userpeE3P8cJWF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Alright, thank you! I saw that email and didn't bother reaching out because I figured it'd be pointless since I had them send me a sim not long ago and it didn't fix the issue. I guess I'll try contacting them to see if I can do the same thing then. Thank you!
Oreofudge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
...please disregard my solution; after swapping SIM for a TMobile one, I indeed starting receiving my messages as they are supposed to, but someone trying to call me texted saying my phone kept turning up busy when they called me; I tried calling myself from landlines and true, no calls came thru. This was weird because before I left the store the previous day, the guy placed a call from his cell, and I recall it coming thru; anyways, by the end of following day, it changed from a busy signal to a "phone number not in service". Headed back to store and they couldn't figure out the issue, so ended up swapping back to a Sprint SIM; now phone works, but messaging issues came back with it, so I followed your recommendation and switched to CDMA network only to try it out, and it seems to be working. Anyways, I'm planning to visit a Sprint/TMobile repair center today, gotta be able to have my phone fully functional again. Dunno if this happens in any other phone, but I'm on a Note10+. Good Luck!
0 Likes
Solution
Oreofudge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
...issue finally completly solved a month or so ago. Went in for a second time to retry the SIM swap now that TMOBILE seems to be tightning its grip on Sprint, and turning anything YELLOW to MAGENTA; Since last SIM swap I've been completely on TMOBILE's network, and no issues since.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!