cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACChason79
Asteroid

Need help - Note 7 OTA update prevention

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have managed to get 100%battery again and now need to know what processes to disable to prevent OTA updates from limiting it again. Can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nebula

Re: Need help - Note 7 OTA update prevention

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to facebook and type in Note 7 alliance. All the info is there. Read first, then follow instructions step by step.

19 REPLIES 19
warriorpluto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dude just turn the phone in and be through with it lol 

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Dude just turn the phone in and be through with it lol" ....Well DUDE, I guess you never had a real phone. Search facebook Note 7. There are several. Note7rebels charge. There is a free one on there.

Gome01
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My NOTE7 is the best smartphone I owned to date and haking it to not change is wrong it don't get hot or hasn't blown up & probably never will but if u must replace it do it with a Note8 or Edge8 don't make us down grade, if we still have Note7 is cause wer loyal Customers I don't want to go back to Apple...Do the right thing SAMSUNG!!!!

warriorpluto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I know exactly how to do what you're asking but I'll let you suffer lol turn you phone in and get your money back. When the s8 comes out and it too late to turn in your note 7 you're going to be saying how bad a company Samsung is for not giving you a deal to upgrade to the s8 lol
Gome01
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yup going back to Apple Thx
warriorpluto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Lol good. Go back to your toy phone. Don't need any whiners over here at Samsung
Gome01
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Lmao just a fact great customer support 4 reals!
ACChason79
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@warriorpluto wrote:
I know exactly how to do what you're asking but I'll let you suffer lol turn you phone in and get your money back. When the s8 comes out and it too late to turn in your note 7 you're going to be saying how bad a company Samsung is for not giving you a deal to upgrade to the s8 lol

Since my original post, I have found out that PDP v 6.3 allows for the blocking of som.sec.android.soagent and the AT&T update com.ws file and that I will need to obtain a copy of that apk and prevent PDP from updating since the developers of the package disabler apps have basically been blackmailed by samsung or something. I have also read of ways to disable it using a PC. Have not determined which route I am gonna go though.

I sincerely do appreciate your comment though and hope that you at least attempt to put good out into the world rather than negativity and spite.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to facebook and type in Note 7 alliance. All the info is there. Read first, then follow instructions step by step.