Original topic:

My Next Samsung Phone?

(Topic created: 08-10-2020 12:59 PM)
NeutronStar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi all, 

I am a very happy owner of a Note 9.  I have been using this phone for almost 2 years now, and it is nearing time for me to upgrade. 

What does the Samsung owners community feel that I should upgrade to, or wait?
0 Likes
9 Replies
Solution
KiloAlphaLima
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I would recommend going to your cellphone provider store to try out the Note 20 before making an impulsive choice. I recently went to Best Buy to try out the Note 20 but originally was set on the S20 (coming from the S9). The Note series is usually a step above the S series, but I may switch to the Note 20 very soon.
NeutronStar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
honestly, I hate that the note 20 is only 60hz. that's a deal killer for me. I'm a fan of notes but I have a minimum standard of 120hz
0 Likes
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have the Note 9 512gb now and have made the jump to Note 20 Ultra 512gb

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
NeutronStar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
that sounds cool, but it's a tad pricey imo. any way I can find discounts?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Samsung.com has a trade-in deal. Trade in your Note 9 and get a hefty discount.

AT&T has a pretty sweet deal going on also. They are giving $1000 off the price of a new Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra. Does require a commitment. 

NeutronStar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
the Note 20 ultra also seems to be a bit unwieldy in terms of size. the Note 9 is certainly pushing it in terms of height and weight (width is fine). the note 20 is a better size but the sheer loss of so many features is disappointing. I wish I could get note 20 ultra features in a note 20 body size, or even S20. I also have already committed to AT&T, but would consider trading in my phone. I must also say that sometimes I like using old phones to be a music device, tho- I have an S7 resting on a wireless charging pad and hooked up to my speakers.
0 Likes
ippolito1971
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
going with the S20U you have the 100x zoom feature but the N20U has upgraded the triple camera and the note series at 50x zoom is more than enough. if it were me I'd go with the Note20 Ultra.
0 Likes
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
People said the 100x zoom looked like trash... why they lowered it on the N20U
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
0 Likes
NeutronStar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I guess that's everyone's top pick. should I consider waiting till the S21? will it likely have gorilla glass 7 and the new ultra wide band chip and 120hz and xbox integration and wireless dex?
0 Likes