JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No July 2021 Security Patch So Far

(Topic created: 07-27-2021 03:43 PM)
SammyFanBoi21
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Anyone receive the July 2021 security patch on their Factory Unlocked Note 20 Ultra so far?

Nothing yet for me and it's nearly August!

What's going on Samsung? Usually you guys roll out the update early every month!

****UPDATE

I RECEIVED THE JULY 2021 SECURITY PATCH ON JULY 30TH AROUND 11 PM!

RECEIVED AUGUST 2021 SECURITY PATCH TODAY 8/5/21 AT MIDNIGHT 12AM!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Replies
henfredemars
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is your phone carrier locked or a carrier edition of the software? Sometimes the carrier has to approve updates first.
0 Likes
SammyFanBoi21
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Factory unlocked
0 Likes
SammyFanBoi21
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It is factory unlocked. I heard that too but it's nearly the end of the month
0 Likes
userPhqztxDKxX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same here note 20 ultra unlocked no carrier has anything to do with my update and nothing. July 28 and no update.
SammyFanBoi21
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Smh this is frustrating. Overlooking unlocked phones smh
SammyFanBoi21
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes
goochbuntu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Only Xfinity , and Comcast and Puerto Rico are available for the July update. You could cross flash these models to get the update. But you may lose 5g radios doing so
0 Likes
userVOHw290Az4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I love Samsung.  I've had Galaxy phones since the Note 3. This Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Factory Unlocked U.S. version purchased directly from Samsung online is the first bad experience with updates.  Spent more than an hour online with Customer Support Pro, very knowledgeable, walked me through several attempts.  Well intentioned but no update.  Tried above IMEI carrier solution, also didn't work.  This is so frustrating, I'm thinking about getting OnePlus 9 5G. Hate to leave Samsung, but this experience is a reflection on their indifference towards loyalty. 

Lashyp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Still no July update for me and I'm factory unlocked... very unusual for Samsung
0 Likes