Original topic:

No more split view

(Topic created: 04-08-2019 09:36 AM)
useruuv0Y6B3v3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I finally updated my phone after 2 weeks of debating.  I fully regret updating my phone. As a business I use my phone with many documents and I used multiple windows with split view so I can compare my documents side by side. After I updated my phone I was not able to do this. Samsung removed this feature.  I also had my programs in list view. Now I no longer have them in list view. Have to scroll side to side. Very a upsetting to me. This update has also affected my viewing of home security system. I called technical support. They told me it was the software that isn't updated to my home security.  I'm up to date on that. Not able to view properly.  I asked for a factory reboot. I gave permission to have Samsung tech to navigate through my phone. I was told all my files and pictures were now backed up. Did a factory reset.  Big mistake.  Lost all my individual folders with pictures and documents.  It's my fault for wanting a factory reset with trust of everything was backed up. I was able to find some in Google cloud but it's not everything.  

As soon as I can I'm going to try to find another type phone that can do multi window split view.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
1975VW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Split screen still works if the app supports it. Go to recent apps and hold down on the app icon and it will open options on what you want to do.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
1975VW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Split screen still works if the app supports it. Go to recent apps and hold down on the app icon and it will open options on what you want to do.

View solution in context

Gr3y7Sky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As for the multi tasking, just tap the app icon in recents, and as for everything else download good lock. Its a Samsung owned app that allows you to customize many things like chaning the recents back to list view and many other options as well

0 Likes