Original topic:

No notifications for text messages

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 07:39 AM)
userFEaoDIeWxL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I can see that this is an ongoing issue and I am desperate for a fix!

I get notifications for ALL apps EXCEPT text messages.

My volume is up

Messaging app alerts are set to a sound

Foreground sync is on

I don't have any connected wearbles

Bluetooth not on

Battery saver off

I've tried EVERYTHING! If I can't get this fixed I'll have to get rid of this phone, possibly Samsung altogether. Friends all suggest Apple doesn't have these issues 🙄 

3 Replies
Spookyy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Definitely have to say this is a you issue. If you're thinking about apple go ahead but prepare to be heavily disappointed. You get no freedoms and they have many more issues outside of a little notification problem that I'm sure is on your end. If your problem is no notifications are you on do not disturb. Have you checked notification settings to see if messages is turned off. Battery saver, and Bluetooth have nothing to do with not receiving notifications therefore I'm 100% sure this is a you issue and you shouldn't be blaming Samsung. Also the most selling brand of phone is Android and Samsung around the world so if you'd like to go with the premium apple and pay for 100's of dollars worth of accessories go for it.
0 Likes
KingBeefVI
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What app are you utilizing for text messaging? Have you cleared that app's cache in Settings? Have you checked Notification Settings to see what tone is chosen for your messaging app? "Silent" is an option there and it will override every other sound related setting if it has been selected.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

did KingBeefVl's suggestion help fix the issue? 

if not, then submit error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue so that samsung engineers can look into it for you.

Please share the device model number, software version and the messaging app's version. thanks

0 Likes