Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.
If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 2.0 w/ Android 10! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 10 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 2.0 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?
The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.
The official notice can be viewed here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/One-UI-2-Beta-with-Android-10-Coming-Soon-to-Note-10/td-p...
Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:
- The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
- The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs.
- Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
- Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.
Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?
- Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+ users
- Unlocked users
- Carrier branded devices such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Etc... are NOT supported.
Current Beta versions:
- ZSL5 (Beta 3 - Final Beta Build)
Older Beta versions:
- ZSKH (Beta 2)
- ZSK3 (Beta 1)
- Apps the rely on Safety Net will not be supported via Google Play Store. (Example: Netflix & Disney+)
- Photos in Gallery syncing with OneDrive does not work.
- After the OS update, the blackening screen occurs for 30 - 40 seconds and it
is reset. There is no problem using the terminal after reset.
- Open the Samsung Members app
- Press the Register button on the One UI beta banner
- Press the register button
- Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates
*Having troule registering? Try this: Fix registration loop
Picture reference available in spoiler below:
How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?
- Open your app drawer and open the One UI Beta app (pictured above)
- FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
- FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.
*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE
To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:
- Open the One UI Beta app
- Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
- Press the "One UI Beta Program" button
- Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
- Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.
To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)
- Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
- Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
- Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
- Under your device details, you should see a download button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click download and follow the prompts.
Let's go! Who's hyped!!!
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have the Galaxy note 10 plus US unlocked w/ TMobile SIM, I thought Android 10 was going to be available to me sometime in January but it's already beginning of February and still no updates. Anyone having a similar issue?
How long till andr 10 comes to note 10 plus on at&t. I thought I was supose to get it last month but still haven't. I bought my phone directly from at&t
You should have got the android 10 update back in December. Make a full backup of your phone and then factory reset it, then check for updates after a day or so. If it still wont come through for you I would use Odin and flash official firmware on a PC/Mac
So I've been on various discussion boards and most people on AT&T have recieved the Android 10 update. Neither my S10+ or Note 10+ have recieved the update and its now Feburary. I'm not sure what's going on with my phones. I chose update software on my phone and it says that it's up to date, I chose the same on Smart Switch, my phones are "up to date". Any idea what could be going on?