Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.
If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 2.0 w/ Android 10! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 10 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 2.0 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?
The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.
The official notice can be viewed here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/One-UI-2-Beta-with-Android-10-Coming-Soon-to-Note-10/td-p...
Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:
- The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
- The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs.
- Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
- Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.
Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?
- Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+ users
- Unlocked users
- Carrier branded devices such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Etc... are NOT supported.
Current Beta versions:
- ZSL5 (Beta 3 - Final Beta Build)
Older Beta versions:
- ZSKH (Beta 2)
- ZSK3 (Beta 1)
- Apps the rely on Safety Net will not be supported via Google Play Store. (Example: Netflix & Disney+)
- Photos in Gallery syncing with OneDrive does not work.
- After the OS update, the blackening screen occurs for 30 - 40 seconds and it
is reset. There is no problem using the terminal after reset.
- Open the Samsung Members app
- Press the Register button on the One UI beta banner
- Press the register button
- Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates
*Having troule registering? Try this: Fix registration loop
Picture reference available in spoiler below:
How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?
- Open your app drawer and open the One UI Beta app (pictured above)
- FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
- FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.
*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE
To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:
- Open the One UI Beta app
- Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
- Press the "One UI Beta Program" button
- Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
- Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.
To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)
- Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
- Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
- Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
- Under your device details, you should see a download button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click download and follow the prompts.
Let's go! Who's hyped!!!
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Wow I have the same phone with the same company and I been got the update go to settings and check software update it should be there, I had to do that for my boyfriend daughter phone yesterday and you have to keep updating until it says your phone is completely updated
I have the note 10 plus the top phone for the year it came out. My question is why all Samsung galaxy don't have video chat Samsung to Samsung like iPhone FaceTime. I have family up north that can video chat with there Samsung galaxy s10 and better but here in VA sprint phones can't do that well at least mine can't. Why is tht ???
Change the writing pad UI for Note 10s back to the way it was! Anyone that is right handed and rests their hand on the screen to write, ends up pressing "backspace" "," "." or " return." Plus, you can only write 1 or 2 words before it disappears and the edits to the text with the S-Pen are gone. Let us customize how long our handwriting stays on screen! Samsung just ruined one of the main reasons people buy the Note series.