cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 10+ 5G - Rebooting when using DEX app on Windows 10

Hi,

Has anybody encountered the following issue...

Using my brand new Note 10+ 5G with DEX on Windows 10 (as an app).  I'm getting several phone reboots per day, some times 10 times a day.  It seems completely ramdom.

Debug steps

Put phone into Safe Mode for a day and got no reboots.  Unfortunatley unable to use DEX in safemode

Tried several cables, USB-C (Phone) to USB-A (Laptop), USB-C (Phone) to USB-C (Laptop).  Tried 5 different cables but the problem persists

Tried several different PCs (all laptops) but still the problem persists

Clear cache (DEX & USB) on the phone

Factory reset phone

Connect the phone directly to a monitor (USB C to HDMI) and use bluetooth mouse and keyboard

All above result in the phone rebooting radmonly, except the SafeMode obviously.

Samsung have given up and have no more suggesations for me, hence I'm hoping someone out there might have an idea.

All suggestions welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ 5G - Rebooting when using DEX app on Windows 10

If the issue doesn't occur with the device in safe mode then there is a third-party app causing this. You may have to delete your third-party apps one by one (starting with the most recent) until you find the one causing this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.