JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ Lock screen Shortcut auto resets

(Topic created: 01-12-2020 07:19 AM)
non5equitur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I prefer having the phone and camera shortcuts on my lock screen but the phone keeps resetting to the Facebook and Twitter shortcuts. I've reset the lock screen several times since upgrading to Android 10 and One UI 2. I don't want social media shortcuts on my lock screen. If I did I would let it be.

How do I prevent the lock screen shortcuts from switching after I set it up for phone and camera?

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
non5equitur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried clearing cache. The shortcuts still reverted back to social media links after several hours, just as before. Not sure how to restart my note 10+ in safe mode and how that is supposed to fix the issue. When I set the lock screen shortcuts to phone and camera, they stay that way for a few hours then switch back to Twitter and Facebook. It's annoying. I don't want someone to be able to pick up my phone and spoof my social media accounts.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@non5equitur Here are the steps to place our phone into safe mode. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When 'Samsung' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. 'Safe mode' displays in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  7. Release the Volume down key when you see 'Safe Mode.'
  8. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart.
  3. Tap OK.
  4. The device restarts in normal mode.
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@non5equitur I would suggest checking to see if you have a Bixby routine setup that's auto switching it pull down your quick toggles and tap Bixby Bixby routines and click details and see if any are running hopefully the screenshots helpScreenshot_20200112-174451_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200112-174507_Chrome.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
non5equitur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Odd how the Bixby setting changed after the update. I turned it off an am now waiting to see if that is the solution. I'll check back in tomorrow with the results. Thanks.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok  let me know if that worked

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
non5equitur
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks GaryB82 for the great suggestion. It's been 24 hours since I turned of Bixby Routines. -- I don't even use Bixby Routines. That seems to have done the trick. The shortcuts have not changed. Problem solved. Thanks!

0 Likes
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@non5equitur Happy I was able to help if you have any questions in the future feel free to ask 

0 Likes