cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Note 10+ Screen issues after UI 2.1 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just updated my Note 10+ to UI 2.1 this evening and appears it was successful. However, my screen display is no longer in color. I tried restarting it and for a few seconds it will be in color but then revert to black and white whenever I change from the homescreen (swipe up to the app cabinet or down to expand the notification bar).

I checked to see if gray scale is on and it is not (Settings-->Accessibility-->Color adjustment). Everything was working fine prior to the update nor did I change anything before or after the update. Anyone else have this issue? If so, is there something I am missing?

Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Screen issues after UI 2.1 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello again, 

Thank you for the tip. A few minutes before you posted the cache partition post I found a solution on a differnt forum that worked. There's a "Digital Wellbeing" option in Settings that I didn't have before. It must be new with the update. 

Anyway, there is a 'Wind Down' feature that sets your screen to gray scale during set hours and for some reason that it was on. They say it's Google's version of "Do Not Disturb". I toggled it to off and it worked!

I appreciate your help, and I also wiped cache partition just in case. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you checked to make sure you're not in power saving mode? Have you charged the battery to 100%?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and thank you for your response. 

I am not in power saving mode and the I've charged the battery 100%. Restarted the phone and still transitions to black and white after a few seconds. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try wiping the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello again, 

Thank you for the tip. A few minutes before you posted the cache partition post I found a solution on a differnt forum that worked. There's a "Digital Wellbeing" option in Settings that I didn't have before. It must be new with the update. 

Anyway, there is a 'Wind Down' feature that sets your screen to gray scale during set hours and for some reason that it was on. They say it's Google's version of "Do Not Disturb". I toggled it to off and it worked!

I appreciate your help, and I also wiped cache partition just in case. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 10+ Screen issues after UI 2.1 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S9

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ Screen issues after UI 2.1 Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 10 after the update just keeps restarting