JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ edge lighting problems

(Topic created on: 8/25/19 10:18 PM)
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Under the effects options for note 10+, wave and basic are the same.  No change in effect.  Also,  multicolor only lights up on the top left corner and is not multicolored at all just one color. Do I have a lemon? And I'm not even getting notification sounds even tho the volume is all the way up.  I regret upgrading from note 9...

25 Replies
Solution
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After factory restoring it did work.  Then I started adding my settings which included developer options enabled. I always reduce animation effects from 1x to 0. I enabled that and the problem returned.  I guess if I want edge lighting,  I'll have to suffer with these animations... I guess I solved my own problem but thanks to everyone for the suggestions!!

View solution in context

bentcipher
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I found the problem isolated to "Smart pop-up view" under Advanced features. It interferes with Edge Ligthing functionality. Try disable it to make Edge Lighting work properly.

0 Likes
userpEbPXa27Ab
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Exact same problem, I had "remove animations" on in my settings, problem was instantly solved by turning that off and allowing animations

userFvNQCY0OES
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I turned it on and the effect works.

0 Likes
bentcipher
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Disable "Smart pop-up view" under Advanced features. It interferes with Edge Ligthing functionality.

Hopefully Samsung will fix this conflict in the next update release.

0 Likes
userTX3qVdVRLC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a s10+ at the moment and I made a routine for my earbuds that activates edge lighting but it freezes my screen for a couple of seconds. I know I can just take it off but its a whole different feeling using it for different purposes.

0 Likes