JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ edge lighting problems

(Topic created on: 8/23/19 12:38 PM)
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Under the effects options for note 10+, wave and basic are the same.  No change in effect.  Also,  multicolor only lights up on the top left corner and is not multicolored at all just one color. Do I have a lemon? And I'm not even getting notification sounds even tho the volume is all the way up.  I regret upgrading from note 9...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How do I do that since there are different hardware buttons than s10?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In order to get your device into recovery mode, you would need to press and hold the power button and up at the same time once your device is fully powered off.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Even after wiping the cache partition, the issue persists. It's a brand new phone, for the price we pay you'd think these bugs would have been fixed prior to launch.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you tried glitter and do you experience the same symptoms using Glitter on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userUDUXBENFra 

Hi, please download Edge Lighting + from the Galaxy Apps store:

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.edgelightingeffectunit

Not sure if that link will work for you or not. Additionally please make sure you have the latest software update for the phone by going into your setting, scroll to the bottom and check for updates. The last four of the software should say ASH4. 

I can confirm all of my edge lighting works just fine except the "eclipse" - that is still waiting for an update 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
0 Likes
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ChazzyJ 

I downloaded and installed that app with still no fix. Even two of the new effects did nothing on the edge of the screen (boomerang and fluid) and multicolor and wave still don't perform the intended effect. Also I believe celebrate is only half working.

I have the latest software and my phone is fully up to date. Should I inform my carrier now for a replacement as there is obviously no fix.

0 Likes
BlackWidow00
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm having the same issue. my edge lighting was working perfectly until the last update
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userUDUXBENFra 

Thanks for the update. I was hoping that software might have been able to course-correct for you. Doesn't look like it.

Since you're at the point of taking it back, if you haven't tried already, complete a cache partition clear from the boot menu, and then once the phone starts go into settings > about phone > scroll to bottom and select reset > factory reset. 

Once reset, go through the menus without loading anything from backups or smart switch. Set your phone up as if you're brand new to android. Sign into your google and samsung account as normally, and once the phone starts, let it go through the app updates. Once complete with the app updates, see if edge lighting works for you.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
0 Likes
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Looks like it's an AT&T thing. Something AT&T will need to fix, not Samsung.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Edge-lighting-at-amp-t-variant/td-p/800338

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
0 Likes
userUDUXBENFra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@ChazzyJ  I have the T-Mobile variant so it's not just limited to AT&T. 

0 Likes