Original topic:

Note 10 issues

(Topic created: 07-29-2021 07:40 AM)
userU02riLJaUo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
-First issue is when my phone is in my pocket it is trying to dial numbers and actually has dialed 911  3 times. If the setting for turning off inputs while in a pocket actually worked then there probably wouldn't be any issues. There needs to be an option to remove the emergency call button from the unlock screen.  This is making me not want to continue buying the Note series Samsung phones in the future.
-Second issue is the power off icon now only shows while the pulldown menu is pulled halfway down
0 Likes
4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The power off button halfway is a change in Android 11
For the pocket dial, make sure your phone locks when the screen goes off.
Check screen time out and smart lock
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userU02riLJaUo 

"There needs to be an option to remove the emergency call button from the unlock screen. "

Federal law mandates that anyone be able to make a 911 call from any phone whether it is locked or not. So you won't see this removed. 

"Second issue is the power off icon now only shows while the pulldown menu is pulled halfway down"

You can see it when you swipe down with 2 fingers OR swipe down twice with 1 finger. 

0 Likes
userU02riLJaUo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The most likely culprit is the smartlock. When I get a message from my ring camera or a text the emergency dial icon comes up. You should be able to at least move the button or have to push on two spots to make an emergency dial.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Turn off the double tap to turn on.
0 Likes