Original topic:

Note 10+ major bug with screenshot scrolling

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 11:23 PM)
CJF888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi All,

Ever since my Note 10+ got two back to back software updates (Aug/Sept security updates) the screenshot scrolling has a major bug. Every screenshot scrolling I take is putting a small thumbnail like pic of the ss all over the pic. See example I took from a fb app page and web page. It happens on any app, web page, etc. I've done everything possible on my end to troubleshoot (except factory reset, I'm not going there) I sent an error report to Samsung, but I can't imagine they'll even do anything unless a bunch of people complain. Is anyone else with this model experiencing anything similar? 

Edit: I'm using T-mobile. I have also boot into safe mode and same issue persists. And I actually now suspect the Samsung Capture app (all apps). I cleared data, didn't help. I now remember seeing galaxy store updating this app recently. I can't uninstall it and try to install older version.

5 Replies
Solution
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Press the 3 dots on the app info page and try uninstalling updates, then try downloading the latest version again.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.smartcapture20211001_230706_4603.jpg
CJF888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you Je655! You're awesome. After all the  troubleshooting I did, I MISSED those 3 menu dots to uninstall updates šŸ¤¦This corrected the issue.

CJF888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did update again and problem came back. So, latest Samsung Capture ver is definitely bad. I'll have to just leave it on older ver until they sort this out.
ShortyMa
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I know that it does that as you're scrolling screenshot so that you can see what part you've already captured it should not be on the permanent picture after your done from screenshotting. If so then something is wrong with the app.
CJF888
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Exactly!
0 Likes