Original topic:

Note 10 plus SPen

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 01:27 PM)
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My SPen keeps disconnecting from my phone.  Never had a problem until last update (July).  Anyone else having this problem?
I've reset the pen, cleared cache etc. The only thing I haven't done & I'm quite hesitant is factory reset my phone.
Anyone have any ideas? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
UPDATE: Ended up buying a new SPen. That solved the whole problem. Now to find out the other one went bad. Thank you all for you comments and ideas.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The note 10 uses the gen 1 type pen connection and the note 20 and 21 ultra use the gen 2. I bet Android 10 is optimized for the gen 1 and 2 compatible while the new 11 os is gen 2 optimized kind of like the new Bluetooth channel connectivity for the next generation is causing issues with things from the old way
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Awesome, but how can I fix it? As a firefighter, I use my pen all the time to take notes.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Pretty smart way to use tools as a firefighter :fire_engine:
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's the best way for me to take quick notes right down medications and stuff until I get to the medic or the engine and type everything in my report.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Not sure it can fully be used for things like remote shutter and audio bookmarks and things or the advanced air gestures for all apps and am thinking your best full fix is to buy the spen option accessory for the s21 ultra and use that spen since I'm almost positive is the same one.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here's a thought till its figured out... live transcribe! Have it take and write your notes your taking as a firefighter by just verbally saying what you write down. Could even maybe leave the phone in your pocket and turn up the sensitivity and note take hands freed while in your pocket
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmm, pretty interesting. What am I turning up the sensitivity on?
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Be careful with increasing the assistants response to your voice sensitivity for intiation and things cause it can mistake other voices that are similar for yours and turn on. So set your assistant up if not already. Now 2 options, 1 if you have the voice recorder app with or with out Bluetooth hands-free you can record normally or using your headset, in varying quality up to 10mins of speech and convert it in to text, record conversations using the mics on top and bottom of your phone or just record your speech. You can move your convert voice notes to where ever you want to keep them. Or live transcribe using your Google assistant which I haven't use much. It's in accessibility under installed services and there are settings adjustments for how it recognizes you, hears your name, pauses the starts back up and vibrates to tell you it's starting again incase you didn't want it too. Even let's you text on screen while viewing the Tran script and auto detects a microphone or not so set those up to your liking then if it's not quite working right go into your assistant recognition of your voice and learning menu, do the quick learn your voice thing again and try it after you increase that sensitivity up 1 level and see if it hears you better and doesn't activate too many times on accident.
Boricuaff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That is awesome. Thank you for all this info. I'm still having problems with the pen but this truly helps. My biggest issue is, I have this expensive phone & I can't use a creator because of an update. Sometimes I feel like they do it on purpose so you have to get a new phone.
0 Likes