cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Note 10 plus phone speaker receiver

I just purchased the Note 10 plus, always beens a Note guy. when I call or receive a call, listening to the caller is not clear, the speaker on the phone is not clear. I have adjusted settings and volume. It sounds mumbled, it goes low and seems blocked. This is as I place the phone to my ear, all my previous Galaxy Notes were very clear. Is there a problem with this phone speaker? Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Note 10 plus phone speaker receiver

Hello Dom,

The first thing i would try is to get a tooth brush or a frush with fine brissles and try to gently brush the speaker port and speaker holes to try and jossle any debris that could be possibly blocking or muffling the sound.

If this is unable to improve or fix the situation for you I would recomend finding the nearest Samsung Experiance store or Ubreakifix near you and set up an appointment. If it is the speaker or possibly anything else they would be able to help you and are offically licensed thru Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just purchased the phione 4 days ago. there should be no problem. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @DomHD,

The first thing I suggest you try is to go into your Phone app and dial *#0283#. This will bring you to a menu that lets you test out the microphones and speakers via a loopback. The first option is to test it out as if it were a normal call. A second option is a speakerphone option.  Usually, if you can't hear yourself during one of these two tests it means your phone would need a repair or a cleaning and your best bet then is to private message @SamsungModerator. Please also visually inspect the speaker and receiver.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I did the test I can hear all 3 speakers, not very loud, but in this test, I am guessing the volume is set low.  

The issue when listening to the caller, it seems to fade and becomes jarbled and then becomes a bit clearer, but it is really difficult listening after awhile and this has been in all cases of phone calls.  And Thank you for the test page.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello DomHD,

I would love to assist you with the sound issue youre having with your device. First lets start with some troubleshooting. Please follow the steps outlined below:

-You stated that you tested the device on a regular call and also on speaker and they both sounded muffled and low.

-Dial *#0*#  (Here you will be able to Run a hardware function test on the speakers and mic)

This is normally due to a blocked speaker or mic.  Please inspect  your speakers and mics to ensure they are clear of debris and dust. Sometimes this will cause the issue you are describing. If they seem to be clear I suggest contacting 1-800-Samsung or your nearest Samsung Facility for inspection  with the link 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Astronaut

I did the test, the speakers work on stereo , Top & Bottom. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello Dom,

In this case you may have a damaged speaker and mic please refer to the previous message to have your device inspected after cleaning them with a nonabrasive brush and running the hardware function test again to be sure. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

If the receiver is low, which is the part you put to your ear, you may have something blocking the receiver such as dust for example. A way to resolve this would be to try cleaning the receiver lightly with a brush. A small brush such as those used for painting with firm bristles is useful. Do not press too hard or you might damage the screen or receiver. A small drop of alcohol on the brush can help, but only 90% alcohol no other. This is because it dries fastest. Do not put directly on the receiver as to not soak it. If the receiver is low, which is the part you put to your ear, you may have something blocking the receiver such as dust for example. A way to resolve this would be to try cleaning the receiver lightly with a brush. A small brush such as those used for painting with firm bristles is useful. Do not press too hard or you might damage the screen or receiver. A small drop of alcohol on the brush can help, but only 90% alcohol no other. This is because it dries fastest. Do not put directly on the receiver as to not soak it. If this does not work, you may have to have the receiver replaced. There are times when it is actually cellular receptipn issues but oftent he receiver is clogged. For further assistance, contact 800.726.7864 which is Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are you talking about the grill located on the bottom of the phone, there are 2 holes located on the top near the SIM card port. Are those 2 holes speakers?  When I googles, it seemed that these were not for speakers?