cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

Note 2 suddenly stops playing audio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I play podcasts and stream audio from Chrome on my Note 2. Never a problem, but now all of a sudden it plays for a few minutes, then stops. I tap the play button and it plays a few seconds, then stops. Sometimes it'll play for a few minutes and then stop again. This happens on both Chrome and my podcast app, so I figure it's not one of those causing the problem. I thought maybe some app that updated was causing this, so I deleted a couple of the recent updates. I also reverted Chrome to the factory default (lost all my bookmarks because I forgot to back them up) but the problem persisted. I installed a different podcasts app--same thing happened. 

I  tried  a lot of suggestions I found online, including shutting down and rebooting, disabling power saving, taking the battery out and putting in a different one, no dice. I am not very tech savvy and have no idea what is wrong. So I'd be grateful for any help. 

Audio streaming  works fine on my tablet, so it's not my wifi network that's the problem. And the podcasts are downloaded onto the phone, so network isn't even an issue. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

Re: Note 2 suddenly stops playing audio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Streaming suddenly started to work, perhaps because further updates fixed whatever app was causing the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Followup: it occurred to me to turn wifi off while playing a podcast. Bingo, no problem. But that doesn't help me with Chrome streaming.  YouTube seems to work fine. So there must be some app that is interfering. But I can't figure out what it might be. I haven't added any apps so it must have been an update that screwed things up. No idea which one, though.

userUDPRtGZbA0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Streaming suddenly started to work, perhaps because further updates fixed whatever app was causing the problem.

View solution in original post