JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Mobile Network Issue

(Topic created on: 11/12/20 1:15 PM)
Abhishekdewangan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I just bought a new Note 20 Ultra 5G for my friend and she is having Mobile noetwork issues. She is only getting 2g network on her phone. And if I set the network preference to 4g/3g/2gonly, it wont show any any network on the phone. She had S10 before and the mobile network was working fine. Anybody has any idea how to fix that?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Hellboy8329
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
need to go to the store and have them look at it and if that doesn't work call the service provider corporate number and they could possibly fix it remotely
0 Likes
Hellboy8329
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
most likely a sim card issue i had that issue before
0 Likes
Abhishekdewangan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
mine is unlocked and I am using Lyca Mobile. could that be the issue?
0 Likes
Satru
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
check the simcard with your carrier, need the last one for 5G
0 Likes
Kamikashir0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If the network she is on uses T-mobile then she will need an R15 SIM card to access the 5G network.

otherwise, depending on the network ut may just be as simple as a firmware update such as the Verizon November update that was supposed to fix 5G compatibility on Verizon.

otherwise, depending on where you live I would advise you to check a network map of your area to see if 5G is in your area yet.

My area still has plenty of blind spots and I haven't seen 5G yet except when I go to the larger cities.
0 Likes
Abhishekdewangan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
for now she is just trying to connect to 4g, but not even getting 4g for the same SIM card she was using with S10.
0 Likes
Solution
Abhishekdewangan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
So, the problem was Pretty simple. It had nothing to do with the Phone. It was the sim card that needed to be upgraded.
Thank you all for your help.

View solution in context