cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Diegues
Constellation

Note 4 (SM-N910C) Fingerprint Not Working

Hello all.

I'm from Brazil and I have a Note 4 since late 2014, it's a great mobile and I wasn't thinking of changing it, untill I've ran into some BT issues (like losing connection to my JBL when running or biking - a persistent issue). It started to annoy me so bad that I've decided to get a Galaxy 9 (SM-G9600). As you know, Note 4 were updated to Marshmallow only and, since I"ve got a new mobile and there were no warranty left on it, I've started to search for a custom rom with newer versions of Android. I"ve found a nice port from Note 7 and decided to flash it through Odin. Used for a couple weeks and decided to go back to a stock rom due to some minor issues (fingerprint and defualt camera not properly working). 

The thing is: I've flashed 5 different types of SM-N910C stock rom and none of them got the fingerprint reader to work. It keeps showing "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart the device.". I've emptied cache, dalvik, data at the custom recovery menu, changed back to stock recovery and wiped everything up, did a clean full install... nothing seems to work. The point is that the home button is working fine and I didn't want to throw this phone away, I really like it.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve it?

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 4 (SM-N910C) Fingerprint Not Working

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!