cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 4 battery problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have now spent countless emails with Verizon support.  They say this is not a known issue I am having.

They happily said, you are due for an upgrade, why don't you just update to a phone that works, like the Note 5.

I knew that this whole thing was based on getting older phone to upgrade.  It is amazing that a class-action hasn't started yet against someone.  I had a perfectly working phone prior to Marshmallow.

It's disgusting.

Good-by samsung.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i wanted to chime in on this as I have had a Note 4 since it was released. I had the same exact issue with my first Note 4 and it was not a battery issue. Ended up being a hardware issue which the phone eventually died and never turned back on. I used my insurnace through Sprint at that time to get a replacement once it did die. I mean, what you describe is exactly what mine went through for a few montha until it just gave out. That one was hardware revision 0, the first release. This one I have now is rev 4/5 that was Mfg in mid 2015, no issues since.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Between 25% and 36% and the phone would shut down and try to reboot. It would do this over and over until I removed the battery from the phone.

I went and had my phone looked at and there was nothing wrong with the phone, so I replaced the battery and have been good since then.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Several people here have changed batteries, multiple times to no avail. Too many have posted here that have the same issue. I think it's time to look into a class action lawsuit.......

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note was rebooting over and over when the percentage got to about 50% or less then I have to plug it in the charger so it would stop it's like I'm working with half a battery I just got another battery a couple of days ago so far it seems to be holding up so try a different battery 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

I purchased an authentic note 4 replacement battery from a store that I found on where to buy list on the Samsung web site. After 3 months, phone started rebooting at 30% to %80 charge. Now, 6 months after purchase, I have to plug the phone to work eventhough it shows %100 charge.

I called Samsung 3 months after purchase and they gave me the most horrible customer service I even experienced. I even spoke with a supervisor who told me we only support batteries within the first year of the phone's purchase!!!

I resisted buying a cheap $10 battery and even went to NY from Montreal, Canada to buy an authentic battery at about $35 to avoid these issues and get good customer support but only got trouble.

The irony is that I bought a $5 cable from a guy in China through ebay a few months ago that stopped working after a month. I sent him an email through ebay web site and told me that he will send me a replacement. He could have asked me to send him the broken cable but he didn't. Of course, sending him the broken cable will have cost me more than $5. 

So a random guy in China offers better customer support than Samsung. 

The Samsung Note 4 is an amazing phone, but it is worthless without a good battery.

I think I will just go back to iPhones or have a look at those chinese phone such as Xiaomi ones.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been patiently waiting for a fix for this. I called Verizon and they had me do all sorts of things including a factory reset. They claim that this is not a known issue with them or Samsung so there will not be a bug fix for this.

i used my note for my business using S notes and the camera heavily when I am out taking site surveys.  Since the marshmallow update I need to make sure I have my charger in the car  or have a full charge on the phone, which yes I use the Samsung chargers,  because if the battery drops below 50% and I try and use my camera or open a internet, or media file, or whatever, it shuts off and starts an endless reboot loop, until I plug it into a charger, then it reads 40% or so battery left.  

Its sickoning to think that Samsung and Verizon do this to us who are using an older product just before their new exploding phone comes out.

what a tactic they have to get us to update to a newer phone.

well if this isn't fixed soon, I will be going to another maker, looking at the pixel now.  I think Samsung is heading down a dangerous road, because I have been buying there phones and their tvs now for sometime, but the uhd tv I had from them only lasted 2 years.  I now have a vizio 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Just FYI, the market is flooded with fake Note 4 batteries including Amazon. If the battery lists for less than $20 do not buy it. You should buy the battery only from Samsung to be sure.

The fake batteries typical exhibit low-voltage behavior, such as the phone dying while taking pictures where you would have to take out the battery and put it back in to reset the phone.

This is not by any means Samsung's fault.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had all these issues, i'd open the camera etc and boom it'd reboot and wouldn't restart properly until it was

connected to the mains.  In the finish it was constantly rebooting, system restore etc wouldn't do anything.  I had it repaired last month and it was working flawlessly for about two weeks...battery was still around 50% in the evening after being unplugged all day and in regular use and now it's started draining really fast again this last week.  I

unplugged it at half 8 this morning and by 10 it was on 70%.  It's now 2pm and I'm on 39% - I've barely touched it and had it on power saving for most of the day to see if it makes a difference.  It's a new battery too...when I had problems initially I bought a new battery to see if that'd resolve it but the phone died before I could try it.  This to me suggests it is a software problem.  Running Android 6.0.1.  All my apps are on power saving mode too so I don't get where the

problem is? Samsung need to pull their finger out and get it sorted!  Does anyone else know of any other fixes?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you actually read my email or are with The Verge? Batteries go bad and when you replace them you have to order the replacement battery from Samsung. 

You turned this discussion back into Samsung and their batteries when I specifically said this is not Samsung's fault if someone is producing counterfeit Samsung batteries.