cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akhilashokk
Asteroid

Note 4 battery problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been experiencing serious battery problems with my note 4 (my friend too - who got the same phone after i recommended) and tried to get a replacement battery (for both of us)- which didn't work out and I ended up canceling the order from samsung and ordered the Duracell battery for note 4 - which has a lifetime warranty - the original post was (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note-Phones/Worst-ever-customer-servivce-in-life/m-p/4834...

As per SamsungShan's request, I am posting the note 4 battery problems i am having, so that the community can benefit from Samsung's customer support. Below I am listing several situations I had encountered

• Battery percent suddenly drops - for example, it might go to like 15% or 5% from like 40% or anything. there is no set % from which it drops to, or from which it drops from. Its usually a low % that it drops to, after which it usually shuts off very soon
  • When I plug into charge from a medium low % (like even 20% or 30%) it somethings shut off and show 0%, sometimes it goes down in % first and then shuts off
  • There has also been situations when I take the phone - its shows may 30% or 40% or somewhere in the range - and when i start streaming a video or something like that - the phone turns off
  • Even when not using, the phone charge drops significantly over the day - when I get to work at 8 in the morning, its usually 100% or near, but by the time i leave at 5, its uaully around 35% - thats bad considering I usually don't use mobile at work

Overall, the battery issues has made the phone really unreliable.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Note 4 battery problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for posting this here for everyone to see @akhilashokk

Although it's possible that your battery needs replaced, there are a ton of other things to consider too. I hope that some of these help you out! 

1. Always be sure your OS and applications are up to date. 

2. Always use Samsung official chargers and batteries. 

3. Check your network signal strength. If it's low, your phone will constantly search for a better signal which can drain battery significantly. 

4. Try clearing your cache partition

5. Check your display settings. Turn down your screen brightness, turn off authomatic brightness, disable live wallpapers, lower the screen timeout. 

6. Do you have an SD card in your device? If so, try taking it out for awhile and see if that helps your battery. It may be service indexing and is a big potential cause for battery drain.

7. Try Safe Mode for a few hours to see if your battery life is better while in that mode. If so, that means you have a 3rd party app interfering. This is another huge cause for battery problems!

8. Restrict Background Data (Settings>Power Saving Mode>On>Check "Restrict background data." 

9. Don't use 3rd party "battery savers." They'll probably make your battery problems worse. 

10. Turn off unused features when you don't need them: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, AutoSync. Turn off Location settings and Google Now location settings. 

11. Factory reset. 

212 REPLIES 212
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for posting this here for everyone to see @akhilashokk

Although it's possible that your battery needs replaced, there are a ton of other things to consider too. I hope that some of these help you out! 

1. Always be sure your OS and applications are up to date. 

2. Always use Samsung official chargers and batteries. 

3. Check your network signal strength. If it's low, your phone will constantly search for a better signal which can drain battery significantly. 

4. Try clearing your cache partition

5. Check your display settings. Turn down your screen brightness, turn off authomatic brightness, disable live wallpapers, lower the screen timeout. 

6. Do you have an SD card in your device? If so, try taking it out for awhile and see if that helps your battery. It may be service indexing and is a big potential cause for battery drain.

7. Try Safe Mode for a few hours to see if your battery life is better while in that mode. If so, that means you have a 3rd party app interfering. This is another huge cause for battery problems!

8. Restrict Background Data (Settings>Power Saving Mode>On>Check "Restrict background data." 

9. Don't use 3rd party "battery savers." They'll probably make your battery problems worse. 

10. Turn off unused features when you don't need them: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, AutoSync. Turn off Location settings and Google Now location settings. 

11. Factory reset. 

Taby42
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the info, about the batterie problem with Samsung note 4, I too, have noticed that my battery does not last all day like it use to when I 1st bought this phone, so I will be going through this list, and checking each one, and hopefully this will help, Taby42.

donho
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issues, Just got the phone yesterday with Android ver 6.0.1

the battery drained so fast, when it dropped to %50 it shut off the phone, when I turned it back on, it would show 0%, I'm getting very furstrated with this phone , consider return it,

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, 

We would like to recommend taking a few steps after any update. This will ensure that your device is running optimally.

1. Go into your date and time settings. Once there would you please set your device clock to manual and then set it to the wrong time. After you have done this, please go to your home screen and close all the applications using the recent apps button to the left of the home button. After you have completed all this, please go back to the date and time settings and set it back to the correct time and set it back to automatic time. This will re-sync your device's internal clock to your network ensuring a secure and more responsive connection.

2. Check that all your applications are up to date. This can be done through the play store under the menu option my apps & games, then selecting to update all or select applications. You must also check the galaxy apps store for updates as well.

3. Clearing the Cache partition of your device. To do this you will power down the device and upon start up you will hold the volume up, home, and power keys until the device powers on into a boot mode. Once there you will use the Volume keys to navigate to the wipe cache partition option. You will then use the power key to select this. This will delete only temporary files used by the device and should not delete any saved data. After this has completed, you will navigate to the reboot system option and use the power button to select this. This will ensure that all applications are running optimally with the newest updates. 

4. We also recommend taking advantage of power saving modes and features. You may access individual apps power saving in settings under battery located under the more option is optimize battery usage. Here you may select to optimize select applications or all. For the Note 4 this setting can be found under the apps power saving option by selecting Detail. 

Chaves32
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could update issue. The last Samsung update corrupted the battery.. changing battery will not solve this issue. Phone has to be replaced.. hope this helps..

1BakedR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes that is my question as well,

I just got an update last week and ever since then my phone won't fast charge at all. I always use the same Adapted charger to charge my note 4. I used to have no problems I could have my screen at full brightness and play an intense game and put it on charger and it would charge amazingly fast. Now I put in on charger with power saving mode on and screen as dim as it will go and it will drain faster then it will charge it took nearly 9 hours to get %100 charged that's unreal! It used to take a little over an hour and a half  

Please help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

Have you tried all the steps that SamsungShan had provided earlier?

1BakedR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes even resetting my phone and ended up losing all my settings the way I liked them, what a pain in the A_s. 

usercM3aMJAXz9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are the steps I tried 

1 uninstalled the last app.

2 charges with Samsung charger.

3 booted in a safe mode.

4 replaced battery 

5 Restore the factory state. 

....still my phone reboot when it feels like.