cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 4 battery problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, back to square one. Thanks for the candor......

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I try my best to be as transparent as possible with these things. I know it's not always going to be what folks want to hear, but I know I personally would prefer it to not being told anything at all. Silence in this case would have had a much larger impact than at least trying to reach out. I still thank you for being as understanding as you are, and I apologize if I wasn't as upfront about my capabilities from the get go. I thought I had explained it better.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can add my Note 4 to the list. Back in May 2016 i purchased 2 note 4's used on ebay, each one with this same exact issue. Battery % would drop suddenly from like 30 to 15 then shut down or sometimes you could be at 40 and it suddenly shuts down. Bought a new Samsung battery as well as an anker, same thing. I then decided to buy a new Note 4 in june after returning those 2. Fast forward to last week, SAME ISSUE! !!!!! SAMSUNG WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Purchased new batteries again, cleared cache, factory reset, and same cr@p! I loved this fone but this shut down issue is no joke. I am no longer using my note 4 as its completely unreliable  had to go an old Blu fone. Think i may just sell it for parts on ebay and buy another brand. My faith in samsung is gone after having been a loyal customer for many years. 

Anyone here know of any good replacements for a note 4? One thats android based. I was thinking about the LG V10 but LGs boot loop issues scare me.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Posting this again from November. The batteries you are using in your Note 4s are counterfeit this includes ones you buy from Amazon or even ones supplied to you by your carriers. If you purchase the battery and it exhibits any of the symptoms I have listed below, return it immediately. I have gone through all the headaches you are going through now and I still have my Note 4 with thankfully a genuine battery. Samsung continues to ignore or does not have time to read these community emails but they will, however, do a search on Note 7 articles and block whatever we are trying to do to keep our phones. Glad you love your devoted customers Samsung!!

Hi All,

Posting what I said earlier with more info and nicer language. Please READ all of my response. I have been through all the issues you are experiencing with your Note 4 replacement battery and I am posting my response again to help you stop wasting your money, effort and time to resolve your issue. Like many have requested, I am offering you a solution so please read carefully.

1. The market is flooded with fake Samsung Note 4 batteries. Do not buy a replacement Note 4 battery from Amazon, among other stores that are selling the fake batteries, with Amazon being the most popular. Please go to samsung.com, search for Note 4 battery then click on "Where to Buy". A good rule of thumb here is if the battery you are buying is selling for $15 or less, you can be certain that the battery is fake.

2. How to determine that you have a fake Samsung Note 4 battery?
    a.  The battery will not charge beyond 70-90 %. You keep it charging but it will not go to 100%. This has nothing to do with battery calibration, but has to do with the battery that you bought being a counterfeit. This does not happen with all the fake batteries but when it happens, it should be a clear indication that it is fake.

b.  The phone will reboot spontaneously while you are using it.

c.   The phone will crash while you are taking photos and will not recover or restart until you remove the battery and reinstall it. This is caused by the fake battery's low voltage.

d.  The battery will unexplicably discharge from 80% down to 10%  in a matter of minutes.

3. Where should you buy a Note 4 replacement battery?

Your best option is 3rd party batteries since genuine Samsung Note 4 natteries are hard to come by. Anker is getting good reviews and currently selling for $24.99:
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Replacement-Battery-Samsung-T-Mobile/dp/B01LXCS553

Thank you for reading.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had tried the where to buy option. Problem is the online retailer is amazon, and locally it shows tigerdirect which has no stock.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your best option is 3rd party batteries since genuine Samsung batteries for Note 4 are hard to come by. The one from Anker is getting good reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Replacement-Battery-Samsung-T-Mobile/dp/B01LXCS553/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireles...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yea ive tried anker. Same thing. Tried the anker battery with my 2 faulty note 4's back in june and didnt resolve anything. Ordered another one this time around. Nothing. This is more than a battery issue for some of us.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What are the issues? Can you repost or refer me to another tread?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As I mentioned above, DO NOT BUY the battery from Amazon even if Samsung is redirecting you to the store from "Where to buy."