Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
CuRoi
Asteroid

Note 4 reboot loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Note4 (Verizon )for for about 2 years. For letting the last 6 months or so

When. The phone hits 40 percent,  which happens in about an hour. It starts to reboot, however never fully doing so it just keeps looping. I have tried different batteries doesn't make a difference.  Warranty wouldn't replace it without me paying out about 100 or if I remember right.  My phones details are as follows.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, version 6.0.1, Baseband: N910vvrs2cqb2, hardware version: N10V.06, kernal: 3.10.40

I have tried various forum suggestions. Even the Back up and restore last option. Any suggestions?  No damage, no water submersion, never rooted or any rom change.

Thanks in advance,

Rus

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 4 reboot loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @CuRoi & @usermamVtRCDME

Considering the troubleshooting steps done, it sounds like the device might need a formal Samsung repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

22 REPLIES 22
usermamVtRCDME
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have similar issues with my Note 4. The response would lag behind my keystrokes or it would eventually restart itself. I had factory reset my device resulting with improvement to the battery life but not the unwanted slowness or restarts.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @CuRoi & @usermamVtRCDME

Considering the troubleshooting steps done, it sounds like the device might need a formal Samsung repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

CuRoi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually,  no this didn't fix my problem.  Samsung blames Verizon, Verizon Blames samsung. Until your warranty "runs out" So even though  I reported the issue 6 or so months ago. Now that they are willing to take responsibility I HAVE to pay to get it fixed. 

userHU0A546FrP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did install Wakelock app and this should be on all the time, never more I had a problem. If you turn off the phone and forget to turn on Wakelock app the phone will be on and off again. My problem started after an unexpected update. My screen wallpaper change and I was not able to recover it. Since then started android screen downloading "dot not turn your phone off", I had to take the battery and wait to restart the phone Samsung s*h*i*t.

userToF0uOZ4a1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure how sending it in, which will cost the customer money will assist?  I have had this issue with my Samsung Galaxy SII, an HTC One M7, my wife's Note Edge in February of this year, and now a month later my Note Edge began rebooting spontaneously.  All of these issues begin after an update of some sort.  Seems more or less to be a missing patch in an update our a corrupt patch.  One theory is a timing issue from the carriers forcing you to upgrade your device and pay more out of pocket.  (This has been brought up due to the monthly payment plans on devices such as AT&T Next and so forth as well as when you go into the stores or call they try and push you into a new phone rather than assist in fixing your issue).  So far the only phones I have not seen this to be an issue on are iPhone's, and I personally detest Apple.  Personally as a consumer I feel the manufacturer, the carriers, as well as the OS manufacturer (Android), should be working on a solution as a whole.  This is to many people with different phones having the same issue, a little to coincidental. 

user7ELTtHAzTH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After searching the internet and blogs for a resolution, I believe you are correct in your assessment. This has to be an attempt to get us out of this old phone and into a new. When this issue first happened after 2 years of owning the phone, I changed the battery and it fixed the problem for about 5 months. The issue came back about a week ago and I ordered and received my new battery, but it has not worked this time around. Is it coincident that right before having this issue, Tmobile pushed out an update for the phone? I dont think so. After exclusively purchasing Samsung phones over the years, I believe it's time to make a switch. While I have avoided Apple for years, I believe it is time to join my wife and make the switch. She has never had this type of issues with her iPhone.
userk3bDP2wXYF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the exact same thing you did, new battery fixed the issue for a few months then it came back with a vengence after upgrading to 6.0.1, my Note 4 restarts severla times a day and lags badly when used. I have tried everyhting short of downgrading the OS but i am positive if i do it'll fix my issue. Why cant Samsung and Google admit to the issue and fix it like they actually cared about their customers? Marshmallow has serious issues, and the reboot and lag issue is know with the Note 4 on 6.0.1 as per this article --> https://www.gottabemobile.com/samsung-galaxy-marshmallow-problems/ 

userE1PlJrgz12
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too and my best friend had Note 4s which started doing the exact same thing.... Random restarts, lagging, freezing..... All after the spring software update.   Switched batteries as did most of ya'll but no help here.   Did factory reset which helped til software did another update.   Took it to Verizon and they claimed it was the processor going  out.   Held on and upgraded to the Note 8.   With the Note 8, switched to T-mobile and the lady said it wasn't the processor that it was indeed the software update.  

So, how do I fix my Note 4 so it is still functional as a backup? 

userS1E8WaooGR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Install Wake Lock app from the Play store. It is free. It prevents the boot loop from happening. It works for me and many other people. Good luck.