cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 4 rebooting, restarting, freezing, not restarting properly, Wake Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Samsung wouldn’t it be better to address the Note 4 issues, make your customers happy and bring them back to being loyal Samsung consumers? Your bean counters must realize that although there will be some costs in taking action on the Note 4 debacle, there would also be some big gains in public support and therefore, profits.  Is it really all about the bottom line for you?

Samsung, you must have a solution for the Note 4 phones you manufactured. Talk to your customers, be supportive, don’t bury your head in the sand and hope that owners of the faulty Note 4 phones will eventually forget this huge ripoff - some may forget, but most will remember how Samsung treated its customers on the Note 4 issues. Take responsibility for your mistakes!

Regards, Alvin Nixon

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a 100% fix. This is not a software fix it's how to fix the hardware issue that causes the faults. It's quite easy and no special tools are needed. Fix for emmc error, reboot error, deep sleep fix, not waking up, phone crashes,
Here is the links to the fix.
https://youtu.be/jLPHWtb0StI

Armookie
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Armookie wrote:

Here is a 100% fix. This is not a software fix it's how to fix the hardware issue that causes the faults. It's quite easy and no special tools are needed. Fix for emmc error, reboot error, deep sleep fix, not waking up, phone crashes,
Here is the links to the fix.
https://youtu.be/jLPHWtb0StI

Well, it may be too early to say decisively....but.....I did this process yesterday morning and the phone has been running fine so far , as far as I can see...no reboots or hangs yet.

Now, it doesnt have a SIM in it....but it is connected to WIFI.   

And no crash yet.

QUestion is --- if the issue can be rectified this way, that means its a factory defect.

And Samsung has hung users out to dry, telling us it would cost $500 to replace the motherboard.

Your explanation of how Marhsmallow uses this chip and Lollipop doesnt makes perfect sense.....and the fact that slipping a piece of cardboard between the chip and the other surface makes this phone run longer at all is enough proof I need.

AT this point, I still have a $700 boat anchor....I bought a brand new Moto phone when this all started.....so I do not NEED this noote 4 now.....but assuming it stays releiable, it can serve as a backup for a time I guess.

Thanks very much for this post and your work in figuring out what Samsung should have known (and probably does) -- I imagine that after the exploding battery debacle, the last thing Samsung wants to admit is that another major blunder was made on one of their phones.....

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update --- it has been 3 full days now and the phone hasnt rebooted or hung up.

Does the "EEC" chip get utilized when no SIM is inserted and when the phone is just on WIFI?

I just loaded a wifi app called "talkatone"...basically free phone and text over wifi .

Works great and will let it run for while and see what happens.

This may make this phone useful as a "burner" phone for where I dont want to give out my real cell number to strangers etc.....and hey,  its free as long as there is wifi available.....cool!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's rule out the possibility of a software glitch on your device by wiping the cache partition. This will not clear any personal data but can help to get the issue solved. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key. When the Samsung Galaxy Note logo screen displays, release only the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options). Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.' Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'yes.' Press the Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservtsSYxd8PB wrote:

Let's rule out the possibility of a software glitch on your device by wiping the cache partition. This will not clear any personal data but can help to get the issue solved. Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key. When the Samsung Galaxy Note logo screen displays, release only the Power key. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options). Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.' Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'yes.' Press the Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted. Press the Power key to restart the device.

WHo are yoyu replying to?    If you look back in the rthread, this has been tried by many people many times.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a new version, Wakelock v3 that appears to have a specific setting just for Galaxy Note 4 issues: Processor setting. Perhaps underclocking is not necessary with this ON?

Did anyone notice any diffrences with v3 vs. v2 on Note 4?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having the same problem since this week, deleted cache and reformatted phone. Still same problem persists. The phone would freeze up for 30 seconds to 2 mins at a time at least every 5 mins.

I believe it might have had to do with the update. After reformatting my phone (i had to root it first i followed <hidden>) it went back to 5.1.1 (didn't know it was possible to reverse, maybe it was always at 5.1.1 but I thought I updated to marshmallw already)

I'm hoping they release a new update or someone has a fix because the phone is basically useless right now. Don't want to upgrade to the note7, still love the note4 but this is .

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've started having this problem for about a month now. I tired a factory reset, wiping partitions, data, even reflashed the phone using Odin and nothing has changed. The lag/freezing happens before I even restore any data. The only thing I haven't tried is flashing back to 5.11.

Wake lock fixes the freezing issue but not the issue of it not powering up sometimes unless battery is pulled and then plugged to the charger just to boot up. I'm contemplating changing the battery but this doesn't seem like it's a battery issue since everything works fine with wake lock installed (just drains the battery faster) 

Any one find success with 5.11

This is a total waste of a phone if I have to replace it. It was working flawlessly since purchase besides having to change the battery twice. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hopefully this helps at least some people out there, I had the freeze crash issue develop recently after owning a note 4 for 7 years,  its on its second battery but other than that have had zero issues until now,  I tried a cache clear in the boot menu, no success.  I then tried a factory reset and still had problems, however during the factory reset I had originally selected to restore any settings and connect to my google accounts.  I performed another factory reset and THIS time did NOT restore any previous settings and also did not link my google and hotmail accounts.  Phone seems to be ok now so far trying all the usual apps like phone, SMS and internet.  I realize its not handy not linking to these things in today's day and age but much cheaper than replacing an otherwise decent little phone!  Going to try and add a few things back slowly like my google account link to see if I can pin point what it ate it doesnt like so to speak.