Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqRdlWIvP26
Constellation

Re: Note 4 rebooting, restarting, freezing, not restarting properly, Wake Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you Tassadar

Now that you've found downgrading the phone to 5.1.1 resolves the issue, have you tried taking the firmware from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 to see if 6.0.1 is stable?

Tassadar
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

This wiould be unnecessary, because I was using KitKit 4.4.4 and it was pretty stable. Then upgraded to 6.0.1 directly, skipping 5.1.1. When I found the mess of instability in 6.0.1, i tried to rollback to 4.4.4 but those xxxxxxxxx Smiley Mad wicked Samsungs disabled any downgrade to 4.4.4 using the Secure Download flag and even some versions of Lollipop.

I then kept on trying different LP versions until i found the specific one i mentioned i my previous comment, which is downloadable. 

I never tried to upgrade again to 6.0.1 because they might disable downgrading to the version of LP i'm using now (that was my first mistake that i never thought they could possibly block downgrades, like they did it with KitKat, get my point?) - Very wicked company. They are forcing people to upgrade their phones to new ones because they seem to be aware that Note 4 is a powerful device, seriously speaking - really powerful.

userE0klSFL1Hn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note 4 SM-N910F

Worked fine more than 6 monthes than ... same issue freezing and rebooting !!! 

userDhQZh6phsh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung .I have three Note 4 phone at my household. I paid 2000 dollars for them. We have all the issues listed on the forum and the other thousands of complaints every where.  I will not buy another samsung phone again if this is not resolved soon. I have other relatives and friends that are going to iPhone again due to this. I will too.

userYKWlOb9d9c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with a Samsung Note 4 (T Mobile, SM-N910T), running Android 6.0.1. 

Here are the things that did NOT fix it:

1) Resetting to factory state

2) Deleting cache partition

3) Deleting every non-Samsung or non-Google app

4) Replacing the battery with a nnew one (twice, from two different manufacturers.

I shall think long and hard before buying another Samsung.

PS: I have just installed WakeLock (from the Play Store), which is supposed to fix the problem.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

user2HeqfS8poc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem, but Samsung will not be interested. everything they do is inline with google and all they want to do is sell you more product.  iphone will be the way forward 

Klon5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to follow the steps to install TWRP. I connect my phone (see it on COM3), select file and once click on START the message says "File analysis" and nothing happens then. Waited about 10 min....
I used *.img file (not sure if this is right format)

Any ideas ?

Anybody knows where to download proper version of TWRP and ROM file for Android 5.1.1 ?
I downloaded  already from one source but the file is corrupted (will not unzip). Some places they want me to pay $25 which is the shame for OS which is free.

ART

Highlighted
user0bkaXzuOwQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First, I would like to ssay "Thank You" to those that took the time to list this BIG Note 4, issue.  I am replying because I just tried onto reply on my Note $, and it froze, rebooted, same issues as stated above!!  I have had to take the battery out and hold the buttons so it would at least boot up slowly, reboot, etc..

I do like my Note 4.  I would prefer if Samsung REPLACED IT, AND THEN i CAN SEND THE 'DEFECTIVE' ONEIN. 

Wait??!! was this a precursor to the Note 7 issue?? I would not want to wait several days, and pay for a replacement defective phone.

Samsung please contact me with a solution.

userro2NuMk7ji
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your comment. I have been a loyal Samsung consumer now for 5 yrs and finding out that this issue is WELL KNOWN to Samsung and they will not address it but WILL charge you to fix, just LOST them another customer! I have a #3 Note 4 (via TMobile) because of ALL of the above stated issues...MINE once I updated with the Samsung app, which I did not want to do (learning from the #1 Note 4 and its issues) but after 10 messages to update Samsung just went ahead and did it....or froze my screen to only accept the download. I have a Tablet also that I will be selling and moving on to another company.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

user7ELTtHAzTH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your post.  I thought this was an issue with only the Note 4.  After reading your post, doing a little research, if found this issue goes across the Samsung line of phones.  What's sad is Samsung posts the same exact response to every customer regarding this issue across all the forums i have viewed.  After years of owning Samsungs, I think I will be making the switch to another brand.  Not spending $800+ dollars to deal with this crap.