Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 4 rebooting, restarting, freezing, not restarting properly, Wake Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPEDH5OG4ta wrote:

The other solution is the underclock CPU to 2.0 GHz instead of 2.7 GHz.

This has solved for me but  you need root.

Hi,

Could you please tell which underclocking software have you used to lower its frequency to 2.0 GHz?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed echoe rom pure Note 4 V47 and with synapse I set the max cpu clock to 2.0 GHz and governor to alucard.

I think the freeze happens because the high drain cpu current in complex operation, like shot a photo, the cpu voltage drop too low. With underclock the cpu current it's a bit more low and the cpu voltage do not drop too much.

With android 5 the max benchmak on antutu was about 50'000 while in android 6 the max benchmak antutu is 75'000 on my note4 with echoe rom. The increased performance cause high current drain from battery and maybe the power circuitry is not adequate. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have had the Note 4 for about 2 years now and two months ago it started constant rebooting. The only way I've found to counter it was to use Wake Lock......in Partial Wake mode.

Drains the battery faster but phone operates normally. 

I love the phone but this should never happen on an expensive device. 

Samsung seems entirely oblivious to the problem which is widespread. 

For that reason I will never buy a Samsung product again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my Note 4. I installed WakeLock a couple a days ago, fixed most of the problem but power ups are still a mess, slow, reboots etc. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samusng Glaxy note 4 and have the same problem, I will never buy sumsung anymore

Ali

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is outrageous that Samsung created this problem with a software update and thousands of phones have rebooting issues and they have done nothing.  Trying WakeLock.  Goodbye to Samsung when this phone crap out.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wondering if they will leave this post in here. If I don't have a warranty, why not go to a custom ROM? To get the Note funationality they would still be based on Samsung for a newer phone. Might still have the same problem 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They left the post about a custom ROM. While I look into that more (noob to the processs), I installed Wakelock like many threads suggest. Using partial wakelock and it sems to be much more stable. I have had one time in 48 hours that it seemed to freeze, but that could have been the app I was using and unrelated. It went on working after a couple of seconds. As those threads described, it does cost some battery life but at least I can use the phone when I want to know instead of spending time waiting for a reboot.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After numerous attempts to fix this problem and nothing worked. I decided that the Nugget operating system was the issue. I downloaded a app to scan my phone. The app would scan for operating systems that would work on note 5. Results was nugget failed. Doesn't tell why.

I decided to revert back to marshmallow os. Downloaded the needed firmware file, Odin. It worked out. Phone is back to normal. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same problem started on my Note 4 about 2 weeks ago. Bought new battery...no change. I did the update in early August...might have started the problem. Thanks for the excellent post. It describes all my issues.