cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 4 rebooting, restarting, freezing, not restarting properly, Wake Lock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In a seperate thread I explained how I took the phoneto an authorized repair center ---- they said they couldnt figure it out because their official samsung software rejected the phone.

So then I spent a n hour on the phone with samsung and the bestt hey can do is have me send it in for them to evaluate....it will be up to two weeks including shipping time and a minimum charge of $70.

In the meantime I had to buy another phone.....a moto g5plus.

Not happy that a $700 investment is dead after just two years. Not happy at all.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two Galaxy Note 4 with these problems. Have done all the standars cheks. Very frustrating.

It would be wonderful if Samsung came up with a solution.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution!!!!

I sent my Note 4 in to samsung and they got back to me today with a price quote to fix the problem.

$400!!!!!!! No explanation or anything....just a listing of charges --

$65 for the standard repair fee...then on top of that another $299 for "PBA repair fee" and then $30 in tax.

$393.98

SOLUTION!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously?   So a software update I am forced to take bricks my device and I am gonna spend 50% what I paid for it 2 years ago?

Thanks Samsung --- I will NEVER buy another Samsung product again.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Note 4 failed upon System Software update.  Never came out of the update, could not get past the red Verizon splash screen.  Sent it to Samsung repair in McAllen, TX.  The charging port had died exactly one month after the warranty was up, so the only way to charge the phone is to use a Chinese inductive charging disk.  Samsung McAllen came back with three successive price increases for the repair.  First to install a new charging port, then an LCD screen and then a motherboard (PBA) totaling $506.  Now, I have to ask those technicians in the McAllen repair center:  How do you determine if the LCD failed diagnostics if the charging port does not work?  How do you determine the motherboard failed diagnostics if the charging port is bad in the phone?  Something is horribly wrong somewhere!!!  Now they are sending the phone back to me as totally inoperative because I refused to pay $506.  It is time to go to another smart phone manufacturer, I am sure!!!  John in Burlington, NC.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download the wakelock app from the play store. When downloaded, click on partial wakelock. Done!  It works.  There is a free version and if it works there is a donate $ version that you should get. This issue with the older Samsung phones have something to do with the new update. The newer phone battery issues required those phones to go into a deep sleep in ordetail to save battery life, our older Samsung phones do not require this deep sleep and the new code is making the older phones bug out.  The wake lock app will fix it. Truse me. I habe been using it for a whike with no issues. 

Here is a youtube link:

https://youtu.be/FPc12MgFUqU

FX tech

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Restarting 2017 Permanent FIX 100% WORKING MAKE SURE APP IS ALWAYS RUNNING OR DEVICE WILL RESTART! MY PHONE HAS NOT RESTARTING IN WEEKS...
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why does it say this issue has been solved? 

I am having the same issues with my Note 4. They started last week with the freezing and rebooting. Then the android guy with the messages: downloading do not turn off target!  And Kernel Panic. This is ridiculous. I love my Note 4 and it has been a very reliable phone until last week. I did a factory reset and it did not work. I have not tried the Wakelock app yet but will look into it. I habe contacted Samsung but looks like they are not going to be any help. I have read all the replies in this thread and was hoping to hear good things from @ADNixon about the app but I guess that failed eventually. I haven't heard anything about the class action suit.

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GrizzlyBear wrote:

Why does it say this issue has been solved? 

I am having the same issues with my Note 4. They started last week with the freezing and rebooting. Then the android guy with the messages: downloading do not turn off target!  And Kernel Panic. This is ridiculous. I love my Note 4 and it has been a very reliable phone until last week. I did a factory reset and it did not work. I have not tried the Wakelock app yet but will look into it. I habe contacted Samsung but looks like they are not going to be any help. I have read all the replies in this thread and was hoping to hear good things from @ADNixon about the app but I guess that failed eventually. I haven't heard anything about the class action suit.

another person got solved is why

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that is the case, eventually, the Wakelock app failed to keep my second Note 4 alive. It now reboots occasionally and will keep running for only a short time even with a fully charged battery. Samsung has never responded to me so I’ve been reading a bit of info on rooting the phone, etc. For now, I have replaced the Note 4, with an old iPhone 5c that has been very reliable so far. I, being an eternal optimist, still have hopes that Samsung will provide a solution and own up to the problems with their Note 4 phones.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issues have never been addressed by Samsung let alone solved.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I repeat this:

the only solution is reduce the power drain by CPU.

You have to install a kernel or ROM with CPU clock frequency control and reduce it

below 2 GHz instead of 2.7 GHz.