cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian T
Asteroid

Just purchased a note 4 from a friend a couple days ago. Phone was working fine until i shut it off to put an sd card in. Phone never powered back up after that. Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Aww sorry. I was mostly suggesting that in case it was powering up, just the screen wasn't coming on for some reason. This certainly sounds like your device is in need of a formal repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Brian T

Out of curiosity, have you tried removing that SD card and turning it back on? Also, have you asked your friend if they had noticed any problems previous to selling the device to you?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Brian T. I just wanted to reach back out and see if you were able to get this fixed up! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Brian T
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have not got problem solved. Sorry its taken so long to reply. I have taken sim and sd cards out but no change. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to verify, you don't hear any sounds or see any lights come on when trying to turn on the device? If you plug the phone in and then try to power up, what happens?

You may need to try a factory reset on the device. If nothing still happens, it might need a repair. Let us know how those other steps go though.  Smiley Happy

Brian T
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No lights, sounds, nothing. Even when plugged in. You said to try a factory reset but how do you perform that when phone doesnt power up?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Aww sorry. I was mostly suggesting that in case it was powering up, just the screen wasn't coming on for some reason. This certainly sounds like your device is in need of a formal repair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Brian T
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks to you and everyone who had input on my issue. I ordered a new battery that should be here by Tuesday. Hopefully thats all it is but it seems like it should still power up when plugged in. Anyway, I'll let yall know what happens.

usernEx6Ytv9P9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did You Tried Flashing Redmi Note 4 Roms on Your Device ?