cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Note 5 Battery Indicator/Life Issue

One of the phones a family member uses is a Note 5 and although this is an older phone, she really likes it and doesn't care to upgrade.  There was a Samsung update pushed out recently and after that pushed out there are some flaky battery issues and not sure even which way to look.

Usually the battery will only charge to about 79%, even off.  Did a power save on it and went to 100% but then not long after dropped and wouldn't charge higher again.  They don't use wifi so today I turned wifi on and updated all the apps (and they ALL needed updates).  While it was updating the battery charged to 100% even getting crunched by every app.  After updates turned wifi off and left it on the charger.  They went to use it and although it was plugged in, had dropped to 98%.  Also immediately after taking off the charger the battery indicator dropped to 78% even though all they did was unplugged it.

Not exactly sure what to look at but this is really flaky.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Note 5 Battery Indicator/Life Issue

Being as its a Note 5 maybe time for a New battery if they haven't done so already.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 5 Battery Indicator/Life Issue

sounds like time yo replace battery. look on Amazon and you should find one. i've had good luck with Anker replacement batteries in my Note 4 that I finally put away and got a Note 9.