Original topic:

Note 5 Crashing after charging

(Topic created on: 3/31/21 11:33 AM)
Crike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For a little while now, my Note 5 crashes when I disconnect it from the charger. Given that:

• this happens both with USB and wireless charging, and that
  • it only happens when the display is off at the moment I disconnect the phone,

I'm inclined to think the issue is software, not hardware. Does this sound familiar?

Updates:

• the issue is not resolved by wiping the cache partition and
  • also occurs in safe mode
4 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is the software up to date? Are there any security or battery monitoring apps installed? Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Note5 logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'yes.'
  8. Press the Power key to select.
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Crike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for the instructions. I have wiped the cache. If it solves the problem I'll be back in two weeks to update the post and close it.

If it doesn't solve the issue I'll be back to troubleshoot further.

0 Likes
Crike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately the wipe has not resolved the issue. I have started the phone in safe mode. I will monitor for a week and return then for further troubleshooting.

0 Likes
Crike
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately the issue also occurs in safe mode.

Is there any way, for a technologically comfortable end user, to determine the cause of the issue?
If the issue is some corruption of the OS, at the file level of high level settings, will a factory reset fully restore the OS to an original state or may some files and settings persist through a reset?

0 Likes