cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo3
Cosmic Ray

Note 5 memory question:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which of the all in one sd card readers work with the 256gb sd card and still be compatible with the note 5? I was looking at the dash micro SD card reader 2.0 type A but I think the most it can handle is 200gb? Will type C work with note 5? Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Note 5 memory question:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jo3 I can answer the 2nd question. The Note 5 uses a microusb connector rather than type C. It could be made to work with an adapter. But that defeats the purpose of the sleek device, doesn't it.

Here is a Dash G3 USB that is micro usb and appears to support a 256GB card at 50 MByte/s, which is pretty good. The USB 2.0 standard's theoretical maximum is 480 mbit/s or 60 MByte/s. I can't vouch for it as I have never had one.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Note 5 memory question:

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jo3 I can answer the 2nd question. The Note 5 uses a microusb connector rather than type C. It could be made to work with an adapter. But that defeats the purpose of the sleek device, doesn't it.

Here is a Dash G3 USB that is micro usb and appears to support a 256GB card at 50 MByte/s, which is pretty good. The USB 2.0 standard's theoretical maximum is 480 mbit/s or 60 MByte/s. I can't vouch for it as I have never had one.

View solution in original post