cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
futsolejier
Constellation

Note 5 will not send or receive text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased a Note 5 for Verizon. I can use the internet, make and receive phone calls, and Verizon can text me but, I cannot send or receive any other types of text messages. This is a prepaid account. It is brand new. My number was transferred from a postpaid account. The people at the Verizon store had no clue what was going on. Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
futsolejier
Constellation

Re: Note 5 will not send or receive text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. We switched my wife back to postpaid from prepaid because Verizon disabled the ability to talk on the phone and surf the Internet at the same time. When we transferred the number back, everything works. It's crazy. The prepaid on Verizon caused a lot of problems. Thanks a lot guys.n

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. We're glad you're here.

Being a prepaid account it probably works a bit differently as far as settings go. Most of the time that would be a carrier setting. To better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things like what the device does or says when you try to send a text, what happens when someone tries to send you one, and what Verizon may have tried to do to fix this. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

futsolejier
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. We switched my wife back to postpaid from prepaid because Verizon disabled the ability to talk on the phone and surf the Internet at the same time. When we transferred the number back, everything works. It's crazy. The prepaid on Verizon caused a lot of problems. Thanks a lot guys.n