cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Note 7 Battery Issue..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is for any Samsung rep who reads, knows the answer or can get the answer.  With the investigation which has been conducted on the battery issue and knowing there are two suppliers used for the batteries in the Note 7, has there been a determination on which supplier's batteries has the issue and if so then how can we the customers determine if our phone is one of the issue phones?  I ask this because I have not had any issues with my battery yet, however to air on the side of caution I am waiting for my loaner phone to come in.  I am going to stay with the Note 7 because this is the phone I want yet I believe this info will help your customers feel some at ease and help more with the recall if we know what to look for.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 7 Battery Issue..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As of right now the new devices are being made and fully inspected to make sure they are free of any of the concerns from the originals. We don't have an exact time frame for their release but they will be sent out to carriers to send out to their individual stores as soon as we are sure they are safe. As for the compensation, the only things we can offer are those things already mentioned in the Exchange Program. I realize the $25 credit might not be the most easy to use gift depending on what you were thinking about using it on, but we're unable to swap that out for something else.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community, datrho. We're glad you're here.

Samsung is also airing on the side of caution at this time. Since safety is so important we aren't narrowing down which exact devices are most at risk and just asking that all those currently out there be placed into the Exchange Program. I'm glad to hear that you're getting a loaner phone until the new Note 7s can get out to the public.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungViv, 

Thank you for your reply.  I was also wondering if there is any word yet as to how long it will take for the bew Note 7's to be sent out and other than the $25 dollar bill credit (which the mobile companies are not saying anything about or applying to accounts automatically) is there any way I can get a free Gear VR for componsation?  I know it is not an easy time for Samsung yet as a loyal customer (who is not jumping ship like others have mentioned doing) I would be able to get more use out of a VR than a bill credit if I can get the company to give it to me after the fact.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As of right now the new devices are being made and fully inspected to make sure they are free of any of the concerns from the originals. We don't have an exact time frame for their release but they will be sent out to carriers to send out to their individual stores as soon as we are sure they are safe. As for the compensation, the only things we can offer are those things already mentioned in the Exchange Program. I realize the $25 credit might not be the most easy to use gift depending on what you were thinking about using it on, but we're unable to swap that out for something else.

View solution in original post