cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LowLandChelino
Asteroid

Note 7 Sim card error (Sprint)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is any one else having problems with their note 7 sim cards? I just recently got my note 7 after the recall. Now that i have a new note 7 that isnt prone to blowing up. My note 7 keeps having an error reading my sim card at certain times. I reset my phone and it fixes the problem, but it always seems to have an error and i wont know until i see my phone and notice that i have zero service. Im thinking its just the sim card having issues but i really dont want it to be a defective note 7. I really like this phone, but having 2 defective note 7s would probably push me onto a different phone company. Also this isnt the first ive had problems with a galaxy. My very first samsung phone was an s5 and it had a ton of issues with the software. From the phone camera not working to frezzing a lot. And i had geek squad insurance which is complete S**t.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Note 7 Sim card error (Sprint)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @LowLandChelino

We are glad to see you here in our community reaching out to your fellow member for assistance. We would recommend reaching out to your carrier for a replacement device if available or an alternate SIM card. Please be sure when installing or removing any SIM or SD cards to power down your device to prevent any damage to either card. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Wes18
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello LowLandChelino,

Have you tried re-formatting the SD card?

First off:

-check the sd card with an adapter and see if your computer reads it.

-if it does, save all the files that you want to save.

- re-format the card.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

LowLandChelino
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SIM card not Sd

Wes18
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Haha, I AM DUMB.

I just noticed the title, my apoligizes.

Um, since I'm assuming you can't take the sim card out and you've tried the factory reset a couple of times, you probably have to ask tech support at Samsung. I'm sorry, I wish I could of helped you more.

Good luck.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @LowLandChelino

We are glad to see you here in our community reaching out to your fellow member for assistance. We would recommend reaching out to your carrier for a replacement device if available or an alternate SIM card. Please be sure when installing or removing any SIM or SD cards to power down your device to prevent any damage to either card. 

View solution in original post