cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzsoc4nUzYS
Asteroid

Re: Note 7 promotion website not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just chatted with customer support and they said that they are aware of the issue and that some of the promotions are ending today. They are trying to fix it now and hopefully it will be fixed in the next few hours. But, if you go to best buy the samsung rep there can give you the same deal and promotions and you don't have to worry about sending your phone back.

Harsh108
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just talked to the rep over the phone and he said I could either wait for the site to be fixed or order phone using regular credit for trande in phone and Call for the difference once the site is fixed. They gave me ticket number and took my information down. 

Don’t know if I should gamble or wait for the solution

Harsh

userLlYmvp5itX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not working for me either. I've called samsung a few times over the weekend, and when I tried to order it over the phone, I got put on hold again. I did the callback option and never received a call back. Now that the promotion extras are over, I expected the website to work again, but it still won't go past color.

userLlYmvp5itX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They fixed the site but of course the extra promotional items are no longer available to select. I feel like they did this on purpose.

Highlighted
user53P2tMTh3V
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So yeah everyone. As expected this was probably an intentional glitch for latecomers to the promotion to not be able to get the free gifts with the Note 8. The site is operational now right after the free gifts deal expired, how convenient.

Now the issue seems to be that when you add the discounted Note 8 to your cart, it gives you the error that your promo code is invalid. I wouldn't be surprised if this new "glitch" lasts until September 30th and we can't get a trade in deal at all. 

Shame on Samsung for this, a tech company of this size easily would have had this fixed in hours but clearly they didn't because it worked to their favor. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their efforts to clear this up.

Harsh108
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I have been trying to get this going for past few days. I am very frustrated. If they don't honor their deals then I may have to just consider sticking to my iphone for a while. My whole family has samsung galaxy and I have been using it while, had to go back to iPhone since Note 7 was not allowed to travel with. But for now I may have to just stay with it.

Harsh

userRJX8yAp1pD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Upset myself. Fine print of the free gifts says we have till 10/14? I guess if we register the phone by then we should be good. 

userlBXcLbSWwb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yea I think the free gift "glitch"was done intentionally. The day after the deadline the site starts working. I'm thinking now that Samsung don't want us to get the discount either. When trying to checkout it says the promo code is invalid. I called cs a few times today about that issue. The first time I was told to email another dept about it. I did that and a few hours later I decided to call back. Wait time wasn't 4 hours 7 mins so I did the call back. They Called and ended up transferring me to another dept and the wait time was an hour. She sent me a new link finally and guess what?? The promo code is invalid. This is ridiculous and complete bs Samsung! Seems like they should be doing all they can to show they're loyal to their customers and want to fix the big mess from the note 7 but it seems we're getting slapped in the face with more bs. I'm not about to play these games with them. As much as I dislike iPhones, I'll kindly take my businesses there. 

user9jwhdTIFxI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I called twice the first time I took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to connect, the second 1 hour 20 minutes, nos answers only that there is a glitch, that i should try to process the purchased next wednesday morning.

They assure me issue will be solve by then and that the promo will continue giving all the issues with their website.

Will try again tomorrow and let you know.

Kenmore_Justin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same experience here as everyone else. Waited on the line twice today for an hour and never got through. Keep getting invalid promo code. As much as I hate apple this would never happen with them. Reconsidering switching from the iPhone7...