cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user53P2tMTh3V
Asteroid

Note 7 promotion website not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey all. I'm a previous Note 7 owner trying to use the trade-in promotion to get some money off of the Note 8, but the website doesn't work correctly.

First page lets you choose the carrier, which works fine

Next page lets you choose a color for the phone, and now's where things get weird

Now you can see that I've chosen midnight black for my color, but the page gets stuck here and won't go any further. If you look closely, the URL changed from "Color" to "Trade-in".

What makes this bug really weird is that it happens on every browser and computer I've tried it on. Not even my phone can get past the page. Anyone having a similar problem or know a solution?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user53P2tMTh3V
Asteroid

Re: Note 7 promotion website not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So yeah everyone. As expected this was probably an intentional glitch for latecomers to the promotion to not be able to get the free gifts with the Note 8. The site is operational now right after the free gifts deal expired, how convenient.

Now the issue seems to be that when you add the discounted Note 8 to your cart, it gives you the error that your promo code is invalid. I wouldn't be surprised if this new "glitch" lasts until September 30th and we can't get a trade in deal at all. 

Shame on Samsung for this, a tech company of this size easily would have had this fixed in hours but clearly they didn't because it worked to their favor. Thanks to everyone in this thread for their efforts to clear this up.

55 REPLIES 55
userj7FrPRjKBx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue. I talked with technical support and they are aware of it and trying to fix. I was told to keep trying every 3 to 4 hours.

jaynohva
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having the same issue for 2 days now. I tried to order it via phone yesterday but wait time to call me back was 5 hours and they never called back. 

I also tried online chat which was no help at all. Nothing we could do but wait.

userycMiha3cYo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download the Shop Samsung App. It worked for me there.

user53P2tMTh3V
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like we're on our own at this point if we want to get this promotion before it expires. The shop samsung app doesn't give me the discount either, same as @RoboLobo@userycMiha3cYo, when you used the samsung app did it properly apply the discount at checkout? Or did it say full price for you when you were checking out?

Harsh108
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It’s giving me full price on the app and in browser, I can’t even get past the color selection page. It’s frustrating.
Mrmarcusdevin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have called and also spoke with a rep who said it’s a known issue. They are not offering any additional solution to fix it though like allowing us to order over the phone as they stated it can only be done online unfortunately. I don’t want to miss out on the promotion though since today is the last day to do it
usereEZv5IjVgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

948am EST

called Samsung Ecommerce and they told me they are aware of the problem.  Took my name/email and said I would

be receiving a link at some point to allow me into the website to buy the phone.

When I asked about the promotion, she said she did not know, but gave me a ticket number.

She stated she documented the time/date I called and that its within the time frame of the promotion.

She stated it was the weekend, and that is when this problem occurred, and they would know more

about how they will be handling the promotions this coming week.

I feel confident that as long as you can document you tried to access the deal/promotion within the deal time

frame, they will honor it.

At least I hope....

Samsungs ECommerce number is 855-726-8721  -  press #1

My wait time was 30 minutes, but I left my number and they did a call back.

Good luck everyone

Ed

userpNqPHRGNaS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called just now, Sunday morning. (US)

They know about it that it's a systemic issue and is escalated to hopefully be fixed in a day or two.

I was told not to try to order, and then later get a refund, but to wait for the fix.

They said many people were trying because this is the last day of some freebie promotions, and believe that those offers may be extended.

They said the promotion isn't supposed to be available through the Shop Samsung app. (which is odd)

userZ8aHqaEe3a
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems to me Samsung has received more of these requests than anticipated and deliberately sabotaged the website to prevent people from taking advantage of the offer prior to the expiration. Why else will they not allow people to purchase over the phone? And how can a glitch like this last multiple days? I have been trying since Friday. We will see ... if they do not honor the promotion past the period because of these issues I will no longer purchase any Samsung made product and discourage everyone I know from it as well.