Note 8 Low Quality Live Messages

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Note 8 Low Quality Live Messages

I recently got a galaxy note 8 (love it by the way can't wait for oreo), and every live message i send through the Samsung messages app is turned super low quality for some reason? I've tried lots to fix it. What i do now is i use a third party messages app and they send through good quality through that app, but for some reason send very low quality through the Samsung messages app. I've attached what live messages look like from the samsung messages app. I would like to use this app and don't like third party messaging apps. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: Note 8 Low Quality Live Messages

Hello @Lukepara

Normally there is a size limitation on files that are sent through the app. This fluctuates from carrier to carrier. One of the first things that goes when the file is 'shrunk' to be sent is the resolution. I would suggest trying to lower the resolution on the live message before being sent to prevent the considerable quality drop when the app does it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Cosmic Ray

I lowered the quality to standard, still compressed to a low quality. This isn't a carrier issue as with other messaging apps they send just fine? 

Honored Contributor

It's a carrier limitation on that specific app, like some others have or are limited by their own makers (like Facebook for example). If you're getting better results sending live messages with a different app, then you can always use that other app instead.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.