JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 charging errors and burning hot port

(Topic created: 04-05-2022 04:18 PM)
Cm104
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a note 8 that I got in December of 2017. It  has worked perfectly until about a couple weeks ago when I started getting the moisture detected error while charging my phone despite not having any moisture in the port. I dont know what is causing these errors and the only way I've been able to get it to go away is to shut it off and restart it. Its been happening so frequently now that I've started just using a wireless charger a lot of the time, even though thats very inconvenient because I use my phone for work and need to actually use it while its charging but at this point the moisture detected alert will come on at some point almost any time I have my phone plugged in. Like I said, there is never any actual moisture in the port and it's also free of dust, I've blown it out with air several times just to be sure. I checked the sd card for water damage and there is none, it has never been exposed to water. This started happening out of the blue.

What concerned me today was that while I had it plugged in and charging, my finger happened to brush against the charging port and it was BURNING hot, as if I touched a hot oven. I used a towel to pull out the charger and noticed that both the end of the charger and the port itself were hot. Also, the metal of the charger port has turned dark/black around the center from burning itself. I did not notice any smoke, but I wasnt looking at my phone much around this time before picking it up. When I picked it up and felt that it was burning, I also noticed the moisture detected alert was up on the pulldown menu at the top of the phone but this time it did not pop up or beep as it usually does. Usually it beeps continuously when that error comes up until I unplug it. So I don't know how long the alert was there for or what, if anything, it has to do with my charger port burning.

I am concerned because searching this forum I've seen other posts about people's phones burning and smoking from the charger port. I dont know why this is happening or if it is safe to even use or charge wirelessly anymore.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear of the burned charging port, and can definitely understand the concern. We take these concerns seriously, and want to get you in touch with the specialized team as soon as possible. The fastest way is to call into 1-800-726-7864, telling support what is going on, and asking to speak with the specialized team about it so they can get to a resolution. The other method is to private message us by clicking on this profile, then clicking Send A Message. Make sure the following is in your message, so we can forward it all to the specialized team:
Full Name: 
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code): 
Email Address: 
Best Contact Number: 
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available) 
Model Code: 
IMEI Number: 

Thank you in advance for your message, and I hope you are doing well. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Oh no! I am very sorry to hear of the burned charging port, and can definitely understand the concern. We take these concerns seriously, and want to get you in touch with the specialized team as soon as possible. The fastest way is to call into 1-800-726-7864, telling support what is going on, and asking to speak with the specialized team about it so they can get to a resolution. The other method is to private message us by clicking on this profile, then clicking Send A Message. Make sure the following is in your message, so we can forward it all to the specialized team:
Full Name: 
Physical address (including city, state, and zip code): 
Email Address: 
Best Contact Number: 
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available) 
Model Code: 
IMEI Number: 

Thank you in advance for your message, and I hope you are doing well. 

0 Likes
deez93
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Dude. Upgrade
0 Likes