Not sure what it is but my note 8 seems sluggish more lately.. I have noticed it more since the last update. And like others my phone feels hot and the battery is draining quick. At first I thought it's only cause I'm a few payments away from paying it off... Cause we all know that how it always happens...
Hey there @LosToro421,
Have you tried wiping the cache partition of the device using the steps below?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Hope this message finds you well!
You are most welcome, Keep us posted!
I was having the same issue and my notifications no longer drop down. I did a factory reset and it's no longer sluggish, freezing, or lagging, but the dropdown still doesn't work.