Note 8 showing WiFi icon with Exclamation mark (Internet may not be not be available)

Highlighted
Constellation

Note 8 showing WiFi icon with Exclamation mark (Internet may not be not be available)

Greetings,

I have an issue that when I come into work, that my Note 8 will not connect to the internet.

We have two WiFi Networks. I can connect to both, but when I do, I get a WiFi icon with an Exclamation mark and when I go to WiFi settins, it just says "Internet may not be available".

No one else seems to be having this issue at work, so it's not the WiFi router or network.

I do not have this issue EXCEPT at work. My home network, I can connect just fine.

I've done every troubleshooting step our IT department and I can think of, and still no solution.

One of our IT staff, had a similiar issue on his S8 when he upgraded to Nougat, but said it was only resolved after a factory reset of his phone, which I would REALLY prefer NOT to have to do.

Can anyone offer any additional insight into this issue?

I restarted my phone and immediately, the WiFi stated the exclamation mark, but now about 10 minutes later, it FINALLY has gone away.

I've been able to resolve the issue temporarily a number of times, but EVERY day after I fix it, I come in, and bam, the issue is back.

Thoughts and suggestions?

1 REPLY
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 showing WiFi icon with Exclamation mark (Internet may not be not be available)

@userrMT9oVh0nV Just to verify, you said you already tried several things with help from your IT department, what steps have you already tried? Also, could you provide the model number, baseband version, and carrier for the phone?