JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 wireless charging issue

(Topic created on: 10/19/17 12:45 AM)
userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Last night while charging my note 8 on the Samsung Quick Wireless Charger, and running an alarm clock Screensaver, the phone was only charged to 80%. I made sure that the phone was pressed hard to the charger as my Note 5 would have issues like this if it wasn't seated correctly on the charger. I don't have a case yet for the Note 8 so that couldn't be a factor. Anyone else notice issues with wireless charging? I did notice that occasionally the phone would flash that wireless charging had paused but then it would resume immediately after. 

sik29
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Keep it plugged in and you'll be fine

0 Likes
userKgto9YhApg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Plug it back in - Einstein
0 Likes
userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Brilliant idea! However, although my issues seemed to have resolved themselves, this actually does seem to be an ongoing issue with others. But thanks for jumping right in on this one.
0 Likes
usersSnMzEE99e
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have 3 Samsung wireless charging pads.   Here is my experience so far with my new Note 8

Original pad Part # BP-PG92A:  wireless charging works just fine even with my Spigen case on the Note 8. Thid id not a fast charge pad.

Most recent fast charge pad Part # EP-950: Same results as above.

Second generation fast charge pad Part # EP-930: Wireless charging does not function at all with the case on.  With case off the Note 8 needs to be mounted horizontally on its side to connect. Even at that the phone switches back and forth every few seconds between "charging" and "charging paused" as described in previous post.

A bit frustrating.   I will contact Samsung's support for their input. 

0 Likes
usergta2wgT6X0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have all chargers like you but I have no problem without case. I'm waiting for my sview case, pre-ordered since august untill now no shipping yet.
0 Likes
userUIWjvoME8r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for you comments. Let me know what you find out from support. 

0 Likes
AV1DGamer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue.  Just received the EP-PG950 from Samsung and no luck at all.  Swapped cords, bricks, etc., but no wireless charging.  Should there be a light on when the pad is in standby mode?  The lights cycle when it is initially plugged in but then nothing...

0 Likes
usersoCEURm4aC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem with wireless charging !!

0 Likes
userd8UUo5PtZB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I read one theory where this is intentional action from the phone detecting all non Samsung chargers somehow as the pads will work with chargers bought DIRECTLY from Samsung or with slow, e.g. non quick charge, power adapters. Google's PIXEL.2 doesn't have this issue, and it's assistant doesn't corrupt it's cache. fv
0 Likes
userzxC72Ulq0N
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is not true in my case. I have 5 non - Samsung fast chagers from three different companies and they fast charge my Notes 5 & 8 as long as I use Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger brick. My observations tell me that my advertised "FAST CHARGERS" are simply 10 Watt output chargers which will indeed charge any phone working at 9 to 10 Watts faster than a 5 Watt output chsrger. But only a charging brick that has the Samsung ADAPTIVE FAST CHARGER hardware will charge a Samsung phone at the fastest possible speed.
0 Likes