JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 5G Data Bands

(Topic created: 12-05-2019 09:48 PM)
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

21 Replies
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Wicked68 wrote:

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

In the United States Carriers have 28Ghz and 39Ghz for 5G frequencies and no phones support these bands as of today. . LTE bands can be use for 5G like Band 71, 41, 48, 46 but that will be not pure 5G speed. 28/39Ghz can handle 1gbps speed on every device connected to the tower but you need to be a few feet away from the tower unless the carriers use a lot of repeaters. 

0 Likes
userGuJnFyAnvN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The Note 9 does support the band 71/ 600mhz spectrum that tmobile uses for 5G but for some reason the software isn't allowing it to use this band. Samsung needs to update the device to allow the devices to use band 71 throb an update! Very frustrating because if I have paid for a device to do something then it should.

0 Likes