JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 Camera Buzz/Blur

(Topic created: 12-21-2018 01:27 PM)
users9JLYYsLEH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having an issue where if I zoom in on auto or use live focus, the camera will start to make a buzzing noise and vibrate as well as not focusing/ being blurry. I've never dropped my phone or anything. It is brand new. I want to know if this is a hardware issue that other have.

88 Replies
uservvyT9Y61Ww
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have the same issue, i'm from Dominican Republic, can you help me?
0 Likes
rivrfreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sent my information too. What. A. Joke. 

Another attempt of Samsung sweeping their oopsies under the run. Apple should be taking advantage of this flaw that still hasn't been fixed. 

0 Likes
userg3hrTldLGS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Should i send mine..im having the same problem

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userg3hrTldLGS Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message? Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode? Do you experience these symptoms in all camera modes or specific camera modes?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MCampy70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same here, mine decided to happen just as we went on a month long tour in Europe! Zoom works just fine on video, not Auto tho. 

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there @MCampy70,

Have you tried resetting the settings in the camera app? See if that helps

- Navigate to your camera app > click on the "Settings Icon" in the top left corner > scroll down until you see " Reset settings" > reset settings.

If that doesn't help, Try testing in safe mode and see if you are getting the same symptoms.

- Press the Power key, touching and holding the Power off icon, and then touching the Safe Mode icon.

Also, If you don't mind sending a private message here with your model number and IMEI?

0 Likes
Rmarceli01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I recently took it to uBreakiFix and they replaced the camera fully covered by Samsung if your phone has warranty. Haven't had any issues so far and hope not to have them ever gain with this fix. I will continue to check and post if it ever shows up again. 

0 Likes
userJ8xFwcVJDh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had the same issue as yours. Brought it to samsung service center and fixed/replaced the camera module (looks like this is a new camera hardware, the old one has factory camera defect). This is a known issue and the only fix is replacing your camera module as mentioned.

CONS: You have to leave your phone for days.

0 Likes
rivrfreak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did they give you a loner? I'd hate to choose between a working camera we paid a lot of money for and not having my phone for business....

0 Likes
Bhavit
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had this issue during my daughter's piano recital and I would have been happy to return this phone and get my money back to buy something else.

Clearing caches every few minutes before Christmas dinner .

This phone is a bit of a joke

0 Likes