JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 LED not blinking for notifications

(Topic created: 03-02-2020 04:17 AM)
usertSXEHUuZHl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have a Note 9 and before I did the android 10 update the LED notification light would always blink for notifications whether in mute, silence, or ring. Now it's very sporadic with it most of the time not blinking when I get notifications. I've double checked and it is definitely on in the general settings and in the settings for the messages and phone apps. Is anyone else having this issue and/or is there fix?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. It appears with the Android 10 update Google has removed the triggers that would alert the LED notifications. However, there are 3rd party apps that would perform the same function. You can also try Edge Lighting. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you verified the setting is turned on?

In addition, check the notification settings for the apps you are missing notifications for.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usertSXEHUuZHl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes it is on.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you. It appears with the Android 10 update Google has removed the triggers that would alert the LED notifications. However, there are 3rd party apps that would perform the same function. You can also try Edge Lighting. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in context

0 Likes