I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging.
I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did all this ... also, wiped system cache partition. Here's how:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
This seemed to work for now. I'll let you know if the problem re-occurs.
@SamsungMichelle I have not experienced any problems with the camera after clearing the system partition cache using the proceedure described previously. Used my Note 9 to take both photos and video at my granddaughter's soccer match and it worked flawlessly. Hope it works long-term.
@Knavely We could definitely set up a repair ticket for you to send the phone to us so that one of our technicians can look at it. Other than that, you could check with your carrier for their options, or take the phone to a UBREAKIFIX location.
Why are you not issuing a software update to fix it. Its obviously not hardware related.
@KnavelyWe could definitely set up a repair ticket for you to send the phone to us so that one of our technicians can look at it. Other than that, you could check with your carrier for their options, or take the phone to a UBREAKIFIX locatio
I have the same issue random freezing of the camera, I have contacted Samsung support about it and I was told that they are not aware of the issue so please start calling them or texting so they could send us some kind of update to fix this problem.