JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 camera freezes

(Topic created: 10-04-2018 10:51 AM)
Sopopc123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've noticed that on my note 9, that the camera freezes while taking pictures. It's worse while shooting videos with a lot of lagging. 

I don't know if anyone one else have experienced this.

812 Replies
Gargox
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sony cameras here too, have the same issues as everyone else

0 Likes
SamsungSteph
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The only status I have is that it's been escalated and our teams are working to find the best solution. I'm sorry that I don't yet have more to offer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungSteph has the support team been able to reproduce this issue? 

0 Likes
SamsungSteph
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't honestly know. I did receive quite a few videos from a few users in the threads about this and sent those along with so that they know what their looking for. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If more people can check if it's just the note 9 phones with Sony cameras installed vs Samsung camera. So far people that have checked have all said they have Sony cameras inside their Note 9 phones. As I said in previous post- it was found in Reddit article that you can download aida64 to check your camera model installed. Is it just the Note 9's with Sony cameras installed?

0 Likes
Mikebluv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

SONY-IMX345

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is what I'm getting when trying to take pictures in Auto mode. 

https://imgur.com/a/bxlBkrY

I would press the shutter button and the app crashes to this message. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It's clearly an issue with the phones using the Sony sensor.

Is there some way to tell from the packaging if it's a Sony sensor or Samsung sensor? I can't wait any longer. If I can go to Best Buy and get a new phone with the Samsung sensor I will. 

It's been over 3 weeks since this issue has been reported. I literally can't use my camera.

We still don't have anything from Samsung. Can this be fixed? Is it a software issue? Are we all going to have to get phones exchanged? 

@SamsungSteph what should we do? You already have everyone's Basebands. My return deadline is come up in 2 days.

If you can tell me this is a software problem then I'll wait for a fix. If not I will have to return it. 

ManWithJoeName
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Sony camera for me too.  Anyone with a second phone that doesn't freeze so we can verify this? 

For those wondering AIDA64 is in the Google Play Store. Open it and click on the devices tab.

0 Likes
BakaNeko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is also the Sony device. My son is not having the problem with his Note 9 phone. I'll have him check and see which camera he has. 

0 Likes